Welcome to BGSU’s Summer Music Institute (SMI)! SMI features different week-long intensive camp sessions designed to improve your playing, learn new skills, and meet new friends – all on a college campus. Students will work with BGSU music faculty and guest artists who will challenge and inspire!
To better enjoy your experience, here are some important tips.
- Resident: $575
- Commuter: $475
- Double-reed camp extra fee $25
- Registration deposit: $75 (included above)
Campers can choose to be a resident or commuter student. Resident students will have all of their meals and housing covered in their camp fees. Commuter students will have all of their meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) covered in their camp fees, but will commute from home for each day of camp.
Check-in for camps is between 1-3 p.m. the first Sunday of camp. Specific schedules for each camp will be sent via email to participants and their parents closer to the start of camp.
If a registration is canceled, the individual or organization making the original CAMP payment will receive:
- A full refund, minus the deposit will be issued if cancelation is received 6 weeks prior to the start of the program
- A refund of 75% will be issued if cancelation occurs less than 6 weeks but prior to 4 weeks
- A refund of 50% will be issued if cancelation occurs less than 4 weeks but prior to 2 weeks
- No refund for a "No Show" or for a cancellation request received less than 2 weeks prior to the start date of the program.
Students dismissed for disciplinary reasons are not eligible for any refund.
Each camp has its own performance or presentation at the end of camp, usually Friday mornings. Complete schedules for each individual camp will be available at check-in.
Parking passes are distributed at check-in.
Students who are residents on campus can receive a parking pass for the week that will allow them to park in the dorm parking lot.
Students who are commuters can receive a parking pass that will allow them to park in lots close to the dining hall and rehearsal facilities. Parents who are coming to the final concert on Friday will get a parking pass that allows them to park in lots near the dorm and performance spaces.
SMI is not responsible for reimbursing parking tickets.
For questions regarding registration, payment and forms, contact Falconyouth@bgsu.edu.
For questions regarding a particular camp, contact email@example.com.