Intrinsic to your nature is a desire to create your own artistic expression, but what is your next step in becoming a music performance major?
As a student in the College of Musical Arts you join a community of musicians with a long history of excellence and success. Examine some resources that are available to you as a performance major in the Department of Music Performance Studies.
Students must perform two songs from memory: one in English and the other in a foreign language (e.g., French, German, Italian or Spanish). The songs may be from any musical period. Vocalists are required to perform with accompaniment.
- You may bring your own pianist or pay a $20 fee to utilize our collaborative pianist.
- If utilizing our pianist for your audition, you must:
- 1. Pay the $20 collaborative pianist fee no later than two weeks prior to your audition.
- Information on how to pay this will be sent in your audition confirmation email.
- 2. Send PDFs of your music
- Scan and email a PDF of a clearly printed Piano/Vocal score in your key no later than two weeks prior to your audition date to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Clearly mark your name and audition date requested on the scan.
- Due to the number of vocalists auditioning, there will be no rehearsal time.
- The voice area does not accept taped or CD accompaniments.
- Additionally, you must bring a copy of the original accompaniment to your audition.
- No lead sheets or choral arrangements are permitted.
Updated: 04/13/2020 01:11PM