Nonmarital Sex by Age 25: Generational Differences Between Baby Boomers and Millennials
Marriage and Cohabitation Experiences Among Young Adults
Young Adults in the Parental Home, 2007-2015
High School Seniors' Ideal Time for Marriage
High School Seniors' Expectations to Marry
High School Seniors' Attitudes on Cohabitation as a Testing Ground for Marriage
Young Adults in the Parental Home and the Great Recession
Coresident vs. Non-Coresident Young Adults, 2011
Young Adults in the Parental Home, 1940-2010
School Enrollment and Completion
Young Men's Contact with Criminal Justice System
Sequencing of Family Experiences
Leaving the Parental Home
Thirty Years of Change in Family Roles and Parenthood Attitudes, 1976-2008
Thirty Years of Change in Marriage and Union Formation Attitudes, 1976-2008
Abraham, K. M. & Stein, C. H. (October 2008).
"Young Adults’ Felt Obligation toward Parents Coping with
Serious Mental Illness or Alcoholism: A Brief Report."
Published in Journal of Family Psychology (2010), 24(2):125-134.
Dunifon, R., Carmalt, J. H., & Joyner, K. (March 2009). "Parenting in Vain?: Stepfather Influences on Early Transitions to Parenthood."
Giordano, P. C., Flanigan, C. M., Manning, W. D., & Longmore, M. A. (September 2009). "Developmental Shifts in the Character of Romantic Relationships from Adolescence to Early Adulthood."
Hernandez, D. C., Pressler, E., Dorius, C., & Stamps Mitchell, K. (February 2012). "Family Structure Transitions and Overweight Status in Young Adulthood: Differences by Sex and Family Structure at Birth."
- Published in
of Marriage and Family.
- Hernandez, D. C., Pressler, E., Dorius, C., & Stamps Mitchell, K. (2014). "Does Family Instability Make Girls Fat? Gender Differences Between Instability and Weight." Journal of Marriage and Family. January 13, 2014. doi: 10.1111/jomf.12080
- Published in Journal of Marriage and Family.
Roettger, M. E., Swisher, R. R., Kuhl, D., & Chavez, J. M. (July 2009). "Paternal Incarceration and Altered Trajectories of Marijuana and Hard Drug Use From Adolescence into Adulthood: Evidence From National Panels of U.S. Males and Females."
- Published in Addiction (2010), no. doi: 10.1111/j.1360-0443.2010.03110.x
Roettger, M. E. & Swisher, R. R. (March 2009). "Examining Racial Variations in the Associations of Father’s History of Incarceration with Son’s Delinquency and Arrest in Contemporary U.S. Society."
- Published in Criminology.
- "Associations of Fathers' History of Incarceration with Sons' Delinquency and Arrest Among Black, White, and Hispanic Males in the United States." Criminology, 49: 1109–1147; doi: 10.1111/j.1745-9125.2011.00253.x
Warner, T. D., Manning, W. D., Giordano, P. C., & Longmore, M. A. (August 2010). "Relationship Formation and Stability in Emerging Adulthood: Do Sex Ratios Matter?"
in Social Forces.
- Warner, T. D., Manning, W. D., Giordano, P. C., & Longmore, M. A. (August 2010). "Relationship Formation and Stability in Emerging Adulthood: Do Sex Ratios Matter?" Social Forces, 0(1), 269-295. doi:10.1093/sf/90.1.269
- Published in Social Forces.
The Data Source
- Consumer Expenditure Survey (CE)
- The Fog Zone
- General Social Survey
- The National Longitudinal Survey of Youth 1997-Round 14, 2010 (NLSY97)
- The National Longitudinal Survey of Youth 1997-Round 13, 2009 (NLSY97)
- The National Longitudinal Survey of Youth 1997-Round 12, 2008 (NLSY97)
- National Longitudinal Survey of Youth 1979 (NLSY79)
- National Survey on Drug Use and Health (NSDUH)
- Panel Study of Income Dynamics (PSID)
- Panel Study of Income Dynamics Transition to Adulthood Supplement (PSID TA)
- Survey of Income & Program Participation (SIPP)
Other Data Resources