Outstanding Service Award
The Classified Staff Outstanding Service Award (CSOSA) recognizes and applauds classified employees whose efforts benefit students, faculty and staff, and others within and outside the University community. Students, faculty, classified and administrative staff may nominate any permanent part-time or full-time classified employee. The award recipient will be announced at the Classified Staff Awards Ceremony on May 17, 2017. The recipient of the CSOSA receives a $1,000.00 award, a commemorative plaque, and a one-year reserved parking space (cost of space will reduce the amount of the award). A picture will be taken and displayed with the recipient’s name on the permanent plaque which is located on the second floor of the Bowen-Thompson Student Union.
- Criteria requirement is exemplary service performed by permanent part-time or full-time BGSU employee.
- Someone who is nominated and then retires is still eligible.
- Individuals who have won in previous years are ineligible. (See previous winners below.)
- If a CSOSA Committee member is nominated for the Outstanding Service Award, that member is ineligible from serving in the selection process.
- A personal letter of explanation written by the nominee explaining the service he/she provides to his/her unit, the University, and his/her community, organizations, etc.
- One to three letters of support will be accepted for each nomination submitted. The CSOSA will not consider additional letters of support after receipt of the first three letters.
- The recipient will serve on the CSOSA committee to help select the following year’s award winner.
- Nomination form, personal letter of service and letter(s) of support will not be accepted after the deadline of 5:00 p.m. on April 14, 2017.
- Exhibits active participation in service to others through Bowling Green State University affiliations and initiatives
- Exhibits exemplary job performance
- Maintains a positive attitude and is dependable, conscientious, and caring
- Works easily with others both internal and external to the University
- Motivates others
- Supports and participates in University activities and/or serves on University committees
Examples of your experiences with the nominee and a detailed explanation on how they demonstrate the above selection criteria are required in the letters (by nominee and supporters). A maximum of three letters of support will be accepted. Submit the nomination form, the personal letter of service and letter(s) of support to Faith Olson, 444 Education Building, or by email at email@example.com, before or on April 14, 2017.
Questions can be submitted to any CSOSA committee member or CSC representative.
Terry Carver, Division of Recreation and Wellness
Kim Strickland, College of Technology, Architecture and Applied Engineering
Steve Lashaway, Campus Operations
Gail Houtz, Student Financial Aid
Kathleen Newman, Service Learning
Faith Olson, College of Education
Trina Hagemyer, Psychology
Jaymee Skelly, College Relations, Firelands
Cyndi Patterson, Mathematics and Statistics
Barb Garay, Faculty Senate Office
Diana Shamp, Human Resources
Sue Frost, Archival Collections
Sarah Grimes, Career Center
Linda Hammer, Intramural Sports
Candace Ducat, School of Art
Pam Atchison, Counseling Center
Cindy Koontz, Bursar Office
Brad Woessner, Facilities Services
Celia Aring, Office of Multicultural Affairs and Academic Initiatives
Jackie Instone, College of Musical Arts
Dale Furbee, Student Recreation Center
Joanne Bruning, Student Activities
John Booth, Student Recreation Center
Becky Prowant, Food Operations
Susan Shammo, Information Technology Services
Jodi Laubis, Student Recreation Center
Marcelino Vara, Facilities Services
Chris Sexton, WBGU-TV
Imogene Krift, Office Services