Returning Student Housing Guide
Complete your Housing & Meal Plan Application
In order for returning students to select on-campus housing, you will need to log in to your MyBGSU and navigate to the "Housing & Residence Life" section, click "Housing and Meal Plan Application" and complete the following:
- Accept the terms of the On-Campus Housing and Dining Agreement.
- Make the $200 initial housing payment.*
- Submit Health and Emergency Contact Information.
- Complete the Lifestyle Questionnaire.
- Select a meal plan. New students must select a custom meal plan option.
- Optional: Students who wish to apply to live in a Learning Community will be able to do so during this step. Students can also form a Room Selection Group (RSG) during this step.
Please note: The day you make your housing payment does NOT determine your Room Selection Time. Room Selection Times are 100% randomized.
* The $200 initial housing payment is completely refundable until May 1, 2024, if you decide you no longer want to attend BGSU.
Now that you have completed your Housing & Meal Plan Application your next step is the Room Selection Process. This process is managed through your BGSU Housing Portal and is where you will find all residence halls with returning student rooms available for selection.
Room Selection Times will be sent after 3 p.m. EST on Feb. 21.
Students who have paid their $200 Initial Housing Payment by Feb. 20, will receive a Room Selection Time sent to your BGSU email account after 3 p.m. EST.
Selection times are randomized by a computer and are not based on completed credit hours or initial housing payment date.
Please note: This does not include students who are placed in a chapter-affliated Greek townhouse.
Returning Student Room Selection takes place 9 a.m. to 4 pm. each day.
The Room Selection process will open in your BGSU Housing Portal at your designated selection date and time. The Room Selection process will be on a first come, first served basis with everyone who has access at the same time, or before you.
The room selection system will remain open through March 1. Students wanting to make changes or select a different room after March 1 will need to complete a Room Change Request located in your Housing Portal under "Manage My Housing". The Room Change Request process will open for returning students March 13.
Steps During Room Selection
- Students will need to log in to their Houisng Protal according to their Room Selection Time that was emailed to them.
- This process will be on a first come, first served basis with everyone who has access at the same time, or before you.
- Information on how to select a bed for the person you formed a Room Selection Group with is listed on the roommates page.
- The room selection system will remain open through March 1. Students wanting to make changes or select a different room after March 1 will need to complete the Room Change Request Form located in your Housing Portal under "Manage My Housing" which opens on March 13.
IMPORTANT: In order to make sure space is available for everyone, the Office of Student Housing may need to move room assignments to a different room to accommodate for space. It will be the same type of room in the same building but the room number or the floor may be adjusted. This is in accordance to the Housing Agreement signed by all residential students.
Updated: 10/31/2023 03:09PM