College Credit Plus
The goal of College Credit Plus (CCP) is to enhance high school students’ college and career readiness.
In Pre-College Programs, we work with committed individuals and district leadership teams to develop partnerships that create opportunities for students to begin to earn college credit or expand college credit opportunities.
By structuring CCP with faculty mentoring, high school teachers, teacher and faculty professional development, and on-campus experiences, we believe students will be more successful and thrive when they eventually begin their official undergraduate experience.
Pre-College Programs includes the College Credit Plus program and The Math in ACTION Tutoring Hub.
Students who seek admission into the CCP program at Bowling Green State University have an opportunity to enroll in college-level coursework and earn college credit that can advance them toward a college degree at BGSU or other universities that are part of the University System of Ohio.
Ohio’s College Credit Plus can help you earn college and high school credits at the same time by taking college courses from community colleges or universities.
The purpose of this program is to promote rigorous academic pursuits and to provide a wide variety of options to college-ready students. Taking a college course from a public college or university is free for students. That means no cost for tuition, books or fees to the student. If you choose to attend a private college or university, you may have limited costs. A school district or nonpublic school may seek reimbursement for a course if a student receives a failing grade at the end of the college course or if the student withdraws from or drops the college course subsequent to the 14th calendar day after the particular course began.
To ensure maximum benefit to the student, a close working relationship is necessary among the student's local school district, parents or guardians, and BGSU. For more information about the Ohio College Credit Plus Program, visit https://www.ohiohighered.org/ccp.
- Completing high school and college credits simultaneously
- One-on-one academic advising that will provide insight and direct guidance relating to career exploration and choosing a college major
- On-campus tutoring and support services in subject-areas
- Access to on-campus facilities such as the library, student recreation center, and computer labs
- Free admission to select on-campus events, from athletic events to musical and theatrical performances
- Opportunity to learn firsthand about the university experience
- Completing a degree in less time and saving money