Undergraduate Programs

Bowling Green State University offers a Bachelor of Arts degree and a Bachelor of Science degree in Scientific & Technical Communication. Both degree programs develop technical communication skills by offering courses in technical writing, technical editing, computer science, visual communications, and project management. Both degree programs also require a technical, scientific, or business area of specialization called a cognate area, which is planned and approved by your advisor and the Director of S&TC programs.

The primary difference between the two programs is that the BS degree requires more courses in science or technology, while the BA degree requires more courses emphasizing communication. BGSU also offers a minor in Scientific & Technical Communication, which enhances employability for humanities and technology majors.

In addition to the required classroom studies, the S&TC programs also require an internship. The internship allows you to apply the skills you have learned through coursework and to learn new skills in a real industry environment. While you are a "working" technical communicator, you are also under the guidance of a faculty member.

As an S&TC graduate, you will possess the background necessary to succeed in today's competitive market. You will gain on-the-job experience in the field of technical communication and develop an impressive portfolio that showcases your skills.