Campus Conservation Nationals
A 3-week competition amongst colleges and universities to see who can reduce the most energy use.
BGSU and University of Toledo compete against eachother in the annual Falcon-Rocket Energy Smackdown!
- Falcon Heights place 1st with 19.2% reduction.
- Centennial Hall placed 2nd with 16.7% reduction.
- Offenhauer placed 3rd with 12.1% reduction.
- 87,467 Kilowatt-hours saved
- 155,604 lbs of carbon dioxide averted
- $6,997 saved for the university
Try to reduce energy usage by following some simple energy conservation measures:
- Turn off lights when you leave your room
- Open up your blinds and use natural light instead overhead lights
- Use CFL bulbs (the swirly kind) and not the old fashioned incadescents
- Unplug appliances/chargers when not using them
- Change the temperature of your room to be close to the outside temperature (or turn it off and open up your windows)
2013: BGSU reduced energy usage by 8.8%
- Falcon Heights place 1st with 19.7% reduction.
- Centennial Hall placed 2nd with 15.9% reduction.
- Offenhauer placed 3rd with 11.2% reduction.
- BGSU also competed in the first Falcon-Rocket Energy Smackdown and beat Toledo with 8.8% reduction compared to Toledo's 1.1%.
- 75,565 Kilowatt-hours saved
- 134,430 lbs of carbon dioxide averted
- $6,800 saved for the university
2012: BGSU placed 1st Nationally!
- Offenhauer placed 1st with 46.7% reduction
- Falcon Heights placed 2nd with 30.6% reduction
- McDonald placed 3rd with 22.3% reduction
- 237,239 kilowatt-hours saved
- 422,048 pounds of carbon dioxide averted
- $21,351 saved for the university
2011: BGSU placed 1st in Ohio and 6th Nationally!
Updated: 09/16/2019 01:16PM