Carillon Place Dining Center - Sustainability Features
The Carillon Place was ranked by U.S.
Green Building Council as LEED Silver certified!
Below are some of the unique characteristics that make Carillon Place more environmentally-friendly in its operation!
- Glass exposures for natural light
- Thermal comfort design
- Site preparation used demolished building recycled materials for fill
- Construction waste recycled at 50%
- Materials used are low emitting – sealants, adhesives, paint and flooring
- 20% of materials are obtained locally
- Recycled materials used
- Materials used are 20% recycled
- Flooring materials are recycled products
- Bamboo flooring – renewable resource
- Energy use optimized by 14%
- Alternative transportation for fuel efficient delivery vehicle
- Water reduction of 30%
- Storm water reclamation for all landscape irrigation
- Pulper for garbage processing
- Trayless dining to save on waste
Read the complete LEED building report