The Department of Ethnic Studies awards the Dr. Robert Perry Scholarships on an annual basis. The scholarship is part of a generous endowment from Dr. Robert Perry, the first Chair of Ethnic Studies at BGSU.
To be eligible for the Dr. Robert Perry Scholarship for Ethnic
Studies, students must:
* Have a declared major or minor in Ethnic Studies, AND
* Have a minimum 3.0 grade average, AND
* Be a rising sophomore, rising junior, or rising senior, AND
* Demonstrate an interest in the field of Ethnic Studies AND,
* Have taken at least two (2) courses in Ethnic Studies AND,
* Submit a 250-word essay on the ways in which Ethnic Studies courses have enhanced your worldview, career goals, and life, and
* Submit the application and essay at the following link: https://bgsu.academicworks.com/opportunities/75.
Preference will be given to students who also have participated and continue to participate in events, organizations, and/or community service that enhance the mission and goals of Ethnic Studies.
Selection of the scholarship recipient is to be made by the Department of Ethnic Studies Scholarship Selection Committee, and recipients will be recognized at the School of Cultural and Critical Studies’ Recognition Event. The scholarship award will be applied directly towards BGSU tuition.
The deadline for receipt of all scholarship applications is February 15th.
Please send questions via email to email@example.com or call the office at 419-372-2796.