Remote Learning Support
Library hours and services may be subject to change. You can also contact us through online chat, email: email@example.com or text: 419-318-1999. The Jerome Library is open for studying, computer use, research, tutoring, and scheduled appointments. While in the building, it is encouraged to follow campus guidelines and wear a facial covering if unvaccinated.
Library Services & Collections
- Reserves: Physical copies of course reserves must be accessed while in the building. A limited number of reserves are available as e-books. Faculty can place an item on reserve using the electronic form. Students should check the catalog to see if the library has their textbook.
- Ebooks: The library has an extensive collection of ebooks, many of which are available to an unlimited number of users. Find ebooks by limiting Summon searches to "ebook Full Text Online". Our ebooks LibGuide includes information about our different ebook collections.
- Databases & Ejournals: Start at the UL homepage and use our "All databases" and "Journals by Title" lists in order to be prompted for your BGSU login when connecting to these online resources. Use the E-Resources Troubleshooting Guide for assistance with any problems connecting to resources from off-campus.
- Tutoring: The Online Writers Lab (OWL) is a resource for students writing papers who are unable to come to the Learning Commons in person. Students can submit their work to receive feedback from a writing consultant. Please visit The Learning Commons page to learn about in-person services to get the best experience with tutors, supplemental instruction leaders, or academic coaches. If you have questions or concerns, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Information about Supplemental Instruction can be found on the Supplemental Instruction webpage.
Research & Instruction Support
- Ask Us! - Visit our Ask Us! page to get research help via online chat, email: email@example.com, or text: 419-318-1999.
- Individual Research Appointments (IRAs) - Schedule a virtual appointment with a librarian using our online IRA calendar. Once you schedule an IRA appointment, you will receive a confirmation email with the date and time for the IRA, the name of the librarian, their email contact, and the link to their WebEx personal virtual room.
- Services for Faculty - This webpage includes a variety of instructional and research services, many of which can be used in an online environment. Contact your subject librarian to discuss options for incorporating library resources into your Canvas site such as assigning information literacy modules (ProQuest Research Companion) to help your students learn essential research skills like avoiding plagiarism, choosing a research topic, evaluating sources, and many more.
- LibGuides - Check out our collection of research guides designed to help students do research in specific subject areas (like business, music, or sciences). Faculty are encouraged to contact their subject librarian to request a research guide for their classes.
- Library Instruction Team - Faculty are encouraged to reach out to their subject librarians about incorporating library resources into Canvas, arranging online library instruction covering databases and library resources, or providing virtual research support.
Will I be charged for overdue items?
Please bring back or renew items before leaving campus to avoid fines. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have an issue with an item on your account.
Will tutoring be available?
The Learning Commons will serve students virtually. Supplemental Instruction will be delivered in the same method that the class is presented. FLY appointments will be offered both face to face and virtually.
How can I access e-resources?
Access full text resources through Summon, EBSCO, our All Databases list, or our Journals by Title page. Off campus users will be prompted to log in to EZProxy with their BGSU username and password when accessing resources restricted to BGSU users. Problems logging in can be reported to email@example.com.
What streaming video options are available through the library?
A full list of our video streaming services. Our largest and most current collection of streaming video is on Kanopy, but there are some restrictions for access: see our Kanopy FAQ for more information. Other notable collections of streaming video include Met Opera on Demand, OnTheBoards.tv (performance and performance art) and Symptom Media (short diagnosis and training films for mental health professionals).
How do I get books if I cannot come into the building?
Physical item requests can be delivered to you. If you are in Ohio, search for items via the OhioLINK and SearchOhio catalog and choose the library most convenient for you from this list of participating libraries. You will need to pick the items up from that library; bring a photo ID. Books can also be mailed to locations outside of Ohio. You will be responsible for the cost of return shipping. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for details on this process. Can we count on individual library research assistance to remain available throughout the semester?
Can I request items through OhioLINK/SearchOhio?
Yes, requests can be delivered to any participating university library if you are studying or working remotely elsewhere in Ohio. Allow 5-7 business days for delivery. OhioLINK requests can be delivered to any participating university library if you are studying or working remotely elsewhere in Ohio. Items can also be mailed to locations outside of Ohio. You will be responsible for the cost of return shipping. Contact us at email@example.com for details on this process.