University Libraries Leadership Council
The Library Leadership Council was established to raise awareness of the University Libraries, serve as advisors to the dean, and to promote the vision and mission of the library. Each member of the Library Leadership Board brings unique perspectives and experiences to the group. All of the members share a love for learning and libraries and a commitment to furthering the mission of the University Libraries. The University Libraries is very pleased to have such a qualified and dedicated Leadership Council to assist us in our outreach and development efforts!
Members of the Leadership Councils are expected to:
- Develop a working knowledge of the unit, its plans and priorities, and its needs;
- Lend assistance to fundraising initiatives; identify prospects and provide entre to them;
- Provide feedback and insight to the Dean or unit leader on programming, plans, activities and needs;
- Seek out opportunities to “tell the story” of the unit with internal and external audiences; respond to requests from the Dean or director of development to do same;
- Inform the Dean or unit leader and other staff of developments in the external environment which may affect the unit;
- Recommend others for consideration to be Council members.
Appointments to the Leadership Councils are made by the Office of the President. Appointments are made each fall and are based on the recommendations from units after consultation with the Vice President of University Advancement.
University Libraries Advocates Board
Sara Bushong, Dean (ex-officio)
Jordan Cravens (ex-officio)
Jonathan D. Iten
Kari Johnson (ex-officio)
Robert W. Maurer
Paul Stiffler, Chair