The Collab Lab currently offers 3-D printing to students, faculty, and staff. Appointment required to use this equipment. Novices and the curious are welcome! The below fee structure will be used for all 3-D printing services in the Collab Lab.
- Tray - $4.00
- Acid Wash (if Necessary) - $5.00
- Modeling Material - $2.75/cubic inch
- Support Material - $5.25/cubic inch
|Quantity||Modeling Material||Support Material|
|0 – 1 cubic inch||$2.75||$5.25|
|1.1 – 1.5 cubic inches||$4.15||$7.80|
|1.6 – 2 cubic inches||$5.50||$10.50|
|2.1 – 2.5 cubic inches||$6.90||$13.15|
|2.6 – 3 cubic inches||$8.25||$15.75|
|3.1 – 3.5 cubic inches||$9.65||$18.40|
|3.6 – 4 cubic inches||$11.00||$21.00|
|4.1 – 4.5 cubic inches||$12.40||$23.65|
|4.6 – 5 cubic inches||$13.75||$26.25|
3-D Printing an Object
- All files must be saved to a USB flash drive as a .stl file.
- Objects will be printed as a single color.
- The maximum size that can be printed is 5 X 5 X 5.
A Collab Lab technician is available to assist with production and will provide a printing time estimate.
The Collab Lab will e-mail you from email@example.com when your item is ready. We request that you pick up your item within 48 hours of notification.
3-D Printing Rules
- Printing is available on a first-come first-served basis during normal hours of operation.
- No weapons will be printed (Student Code of Conduct lists firearms, explosives, incendiary devices, or dangerous chemicals). No knives, shivs, or swords.
- All prints must comply with the 3-D Printing Policy.
- Items already in the printing process will not be cancelled. If a printer is currently in use, the Collab Lab employee will let the customer know approximately what time a printer will be available.
- The Collab Lab does not take print orders. You must be present to start a 3-D print.