3-D Printing, Modeling, and Scanning
The Collab Lab currently offers 3-D printing to students, faculty, and staff. Novices and the curious are welcome! The below fee structure will be used for all 3-D printing services in the Collab Lab.
- Tray - $4.00
- Acid Wash (if Necessary) - $5.00
- Modeling Material - $2.75/cubic inch
- Support Material - $5.25/cubic inch
|Quantity||Modeling Material||Support Material|
|0 – 1 cubic inch||$2.75||$5.25|
|1.1 – 1.5 cubic inches||$4.15||$7.80|
|1.6 – 2 cubic inches||$5.50||$10.50|
|2.1 – 2.5 cubic inches||$6.90||$13.15|
|2.6 – 3 cubic inches||$8.25||$15.75|
|3.1 – 3.5 cubic inches||$9.65||$18.40|
|3.6 – 4 cubic inches||$11.00||$21.00|
|4.1 – 4.5 cubic inches||$12.40||$23.65|
|4.6 – 5 cubic inches||$13.75||$26.25|
3-D Printing an Object
- All files must be saved to a USB flash drive as a .stl file.
- Objects will be printed as a single color.
- The maximum size that can be printed is 5 X 5 X 5.
A Collab Lab technician is available to assist with production and will provide a printing time estimate.
The Collab Lab will e-mail you from firstname.lastname@example.org when your item is ready. We request that you pick up your item within 48 hours of notification.
3-D Printing Rules
- Printing is available on a first-come first-served basis during normal hours of operation.
- No weapons will be printed (Student Code of Conduct lists firearms, explosives, incendiary devices, or dangerous chemicals). No knives, shivs, or swords.
- All prints must comply with the 3-D Printing Policy.
- Items already in the printing process will not be cancelled. If a printer is currently in use, the Collab Lab employee will let the customer know approximately what time a printer will be available.
- The Collab Lab does not take print orders. You must be present to start a 3-D print.
The Collab Lab has a DAVID scanner and software package that can perform a 360-degree scan. Once scanning is complete, you can stitch together each scan and manipulate the object in SketchUp, Maya, or Blender to fine tune the object. All DAVID scans are compatible with our 3-D printers. Because of the amount of hands-on assistance needed to use this product, this scanner is by appointment only. Please feel free to call us at 419-372-9277 or e-mail email@example.com to schedule your appointment.