— IN THIS TOGETHER —
I am a member of the community at Bowling Green State University and within the City of Bowling Green. Being part of a public university for the public good means that I have a responsibility to protect my own health, as well as the health of BGSU employees, my fellow students, and my neighbors. To reduce the risk of exposure to serious illness, I play a vital role in limiting the spread of COVID-19 and other infections.
By voluntarily deciding to engage in the campus community (e.g., face-to-face/hybrid classes, participating in activities, residing or dining on campus, etc.), I understand that I may be exposed to COVID-19 and other infections. Similar to other highly contagious viruses, it is understood that it is possible to contract the COVID-19 disease, even if I comply with all health and safety measures as required by BGSU and as recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Ohio Department of Health (ODH). I understand that although the University is following the coronavirus guidelines issued by the CDC, ODH, and other experts to reduce the spread of infection, I can never be completely shielded from all risk of illness caused by COVID-19 or other infections.
As a student within the BGSU community, I will comply with the following COVID-19 Personal and Community Health Requirements established pursuant to University Policy 3341-1-11 and with Centers for Disease Control and Prevention or Ohio Department of Health recommendations as communicated to me by BGSU:
- I will complete a self-administered wellness check each day before coming to campus or leaving my on-campus residential room, to monitor for symptoms of COVID-19 that are a shift from my baseline health. If I am experiencing a fever at or above 100.4 F, dry cough, fever or chills, shortness of breath, fatigue, sore throat, headache, muscle aches, loss of sense of taste or smell, or any other symptoms as updated by the Centers for Disease Control or the Ohio Department of Health, I will contact my primary care provider or the Falcon Health Center at (419) 372-2271).
- As an off-campus student experiencing one or more of these symptoms, which constitute a shift from my baseline health, I will not come to any University location or function and shall self-isolate per CDC guidelines or until cleared by my primary care professional.
- As a residential student experiencing one or more of these symptoms, which constitute a shift from my baseline health, I will self-isolate per CDC guidelines or until cleared by my primary care professional.
- I will respect all members of the campus community by practicing physical distancing of at least six (6) feet with others to the extent feasible.
- I will engage in enhanced hygiene and cleaning efforts by engaging in frequent hand washing or hand sanitizing and contribute to the efforts to maintain cleanliness of the spaces I use.
- Unless alone in an assigned work area or residential setting, or an exception is approved by the University, I will wear a face covering as set forth by the Ohio Department of Health.
- I will participate fully and honestly with contact tracing (exposure notification), testing, quarantining, or isolating as requested by the University or local health department to preserve the wellness of the campus community.
- The COVID-19 outbreak has provoked bias and discriminatory behaviors against people of certain ethnic backgrounds as well as anyone perceived to have been in contact with the virus. We know that the virus does not respect race, ethnicity, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, or physical ability. I will treat my peers, faculty, and staff with the respect every human being deserves and will be supportive of other members of the campus community who may be struggling or experiencing stress during this challenging time.
- I will avoid large group gatherings and follow all public health measures required by the City of Bowling Green, the Wood County Health Department, and the State of Ohio. I will regularly check the Ohio Public Health Advisory System to stay informed.
- As more information is gathered and known, I understand Bowling Green State University may modify these requirements. I will stay up-to-date on the information and will abide all additional requirements that are communicated to me, including but not limited to quarantine or isolation requirements that may be necessary for the University to implement. I understand the University will notify me via the BGSU COVID-19 webpage and BGSU email regarding changes.
As a member of the community at BGSU and within the City of Bowling Green, I am fully committed to doing my part to limit the spread of COVID-19. I will act in the highest regard to protect my own health as well as that of my fellow community members. I understand that failure to comply with these COVID-19 Personal and Community Health Requirements may result in disciplinary action under the Code of Student Conduct.