COVID-19 Vaccine Information
BGSU has partnered with the Wood County Health Department to host COVID-19 vaccine clinics at the Perry Field House on our campus in Bowling Green. We encourage all members of the community to sign up and get vaccinated as soon as possible. If you are unable to attend a vaccination clinics at BGSU, you can explore other opportunities to get the vaccine in Wood County. If you live near the Firelands campus, you can explore vaccination options through the Erie County Health Department.
Public single-dose clinic on April 17
BGSU will host a free, student-only Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 vaccine clinic on campus at the Perry Field House on Saturday, April 17, from 8 a.m. to noon in partnership with Walmart. These single-dose vaccines are open to students and employees of BGSU, as well as members of the public. The Johnson & Johnson vaccine is approved for ages 18 and older.
Student-only single-dose clinic on April 15
BGSU will host a free, student-only Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 vaccine clinic on campus at the Perry Field House on Thursday, April 15, from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. in partnership with the Wood County Health Department. It is anticipated that allocations of Johnson & Johnson doses will be in short supply after next week. We encourage all students to sign up and get vaccinated now before the end of the semester. BGSU students received an email and text on April 9 with a link and registration code to sign up.
Signing up for a vaccine appointment (Student-only clinic)
The Wood County Health Department has partnered with ArmorVax, a mobile application, to help people register for COVID-19 vaccines. All vaccine clinic appointments are scheduled via the ArmorVax app or website. You can download the app and create a profile ahead of time to be ready as appointments become available. Be sure to use your local address when registering. Find out more information about using ArmorVax.
What to know before your on-campus appointment (Student-only clinic)
If you are already registered, here is information to make your appointment process go quickly and efficiently:
- If you registered through the ArmorVax app, be prepared to show your QR code upon check-in. Your QR code will serve as your registration and additional paperwork is not required;
- If you do not have the ArmorVax app, please print and fill out the registration and consent form prior to your arrival. Copies of the form will be available for those who don't have access to a printer or are unable to complete the paperwork ahead of the appointment;
- To avoid overcrowding, do not arrive more than 10 minutes early;
- Wear short-sleeved shirt;
- Plan to stay for 15-30 minutes after your vaccine to monitor for a reaction;
- If you are feeling ill, please do not attend your appointment.
If you need to cancel your appointment, please do so through ArmorVax. If you're unable to cancel an appointment yourself, call 419-823-9512 and leave a message. You can also read the CDC document What to expect after getting a COVID vaccine. If you have questions, please call 419-823-9512