Leadership Studies commence in the Fall semester (late August).
February 1 for applicants seeking funding consideration
Late applications may be considered.
To be considered for admission, the materials and criteria listed on the Admission Requirements tab are required before a decision can be made as a degree-seeking student in Leadership Studies Program at Bowling Green State University.
Applicants must have an advanced degree (e.g., Master's, J.D., or Ph.D.) with an overall minimum GPA of 3.0 from an accredited institution, without exception. Applicants whose prior study was outside the United States must have completed the equivalent of a U.S. bachelor's degree and a Master's degree.
Applications from individuals with degrees in any discipline are encouraged, and no prior coursework in leadership is required.
Please submit the following to the Office of Graduate Admission:
- Scanned copy of official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended. Upon admission, final official transcripts from each degree granting institution must be submitted.
- Official scores from the Graduate Record Exam (GRE) or the Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT).
- Personal statement approximately two pages in length describing career goals and how a leadership studies degree will assist in achieving those goals.
- Four letters of recommendation.
- Current resume reflecting educational and work history, professional and volunteer experience.
Submission of Material and Review of Application
Applicant materials are screened by members of the program faculty and interview invitations are extended to select applicants. Applicant invitations will be extended via telephone or email.
On Campus Personal Interview with Faculty Panel
Applicants who are preliminarily selected for admission by the Leadership Studies graduate faculty will be invited to campus for an interview with a Faculty Panel. The purpose of the interview is to provide an opportunity for the applicant to articulate personal leadership philosophy as well as answer contextual questions from the Leadership Studies faculty. Faculty will address issues regarding program expectations and cohort policies, and review graduate college requirements and policies.
Invitation to Enroll
After all applicants have been interviewed, Leadership Studies Faculty select applicants for enrollment in cohort groups to commence in the Fall semester. Enrollment in coursework must commence at the identified date for each cohort.
Reapplication for readmission is required for all students failing to enroll with the cohort during the identified enrollment period.
Updated: 02/18/2021 03:33PM