Bachelor of Science in Education
Tourism, Hospitality and Event Management
Enjoy a productive career in the travel, hospitality and event management fields, which stretch from private and public companies to nonprofit organizations. Tours is one of the biggest fields in the world, and as the premier program in Ohio, we prepare you for success.
Quality classroom experiences
Whether your interests are tightly focused or you would like to integrate your studies in tourism, hotel, and event planning, we have the faculty, internships and coursework to pave the way to your successful career.
Stand Out in courses like
- Recreation Leadership
- Recreation Areas & Facilities
- Contemporary Issues in Tourism
You’ll choose a mix of classes within your content area that support your career goals. Well-credentialed faculty with real-world experience guide you along the way.
Internships and Careers
Incredible career opportunities are waiting for you, from the management of tourist destinations to the events ranging from meetings, conferences and festivals to social and corporate events.
Our students work at destination management and marketing organizations, the attraction industry (theme, amusement, location-based), cultural attractions (museums, arts and historic areas), cruise lines, chambers of commerce and more. This variety of settings and constantly diversifying industry give you multiple options.
According to information from the Bureau of Labor Statistics, employment of meeting, convention, and event planners is projected to grow 11 percent through 2026, faster than the average for all occupations. Demand for professionally planned meetings and events is expected to remain steady as businesses and organizations continue to host events regularly.
GO FAR in your career
- Meeting and convention planner
- Manager (front-line management positions)
- Recreation leader
Average Starting Salary & BGSU Placement Rate
$29,406* — BGSU Tourism, Hospitality and Event Planning graduates average starting salary
99% of Tourism, Hospitality and Event Planning graduates report they're employed, in graduate school or starting a business within six months of graduation
(BGSU data compiled from students who completed the related questions on the graduation survey.)
* Job placement and salary information was compiled by the Office of Academic Assessment through the Graduation Survey from AY2015-2018. The data are gathered around the time of Commencement and a follow-up survey six months post Commencement. For the salary question, data for programs with fewer than fifteen responses are not included. Salaries for those programs are from the National Association of Colleges and Employers Summer 2019 Survey. For questions regarding the data, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.