Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee
The mission of the Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee is to protect the welfare of animals used in research and teaching at Bowling Green State University while facilitating the conduct of research and teaching using animals within all existing laws and regulations be they at the Institutional, local, state or federal level.
In order to accomplish it's mission, the BGSU IACUC maintains a PHS Assurance. BGSU's PHS Assurance (#A3536-01) remains valid through January 31, 2015.
The Public Health Service Assurance that the University has agreed to uphold outlines all relevant aspects of the Animal Care and Use Program at BGSU.
BGSU is committed to excellence in the care and use of animals in research and teaching.
- Animal Facility Policies and Procedures
- Animal Vendors
- Environmental Health and Safety
- Federal Laws, Policies and Guidelines
- Electronic Forms and Instructions for Download
- IACUC Meeting Calendar - Fall, 2014
- IACUC Policies and Procedures
- Per Diem Rates for 2013
- Reference Materials (Updated April, 2013)
- Training Instructions (Updated January, 2012)
Who can I contact if I have a question about the use of animals in research?
Hillary Snyder, Ph.D.
Lee Meserve, Ph.D
Susan Orosz. Ph.D.
If you wish to contact Dr. Orosz you can email her anytime at email@example.com or call her clinic Monday-Friday between 9AM-5PM at 419-843-3137. All emails and phone call will be returned between 12PM-1PM Monday-Friday.