Catalogs & Policies
- University policies are now on the BGSU General Counsel web site: http://www.bgsu.edu/general-counsel/university-policies.html
- 2014-2015 Graduate Catalog
- Policies approved since last catalog
- Final Exam Policy Approved by Council March 2015
Prelim Exam Policy Approved by Council
- Advanced Undergrad Status Approved by Council February 2015
- Academic Progress Probation Dismissal Approved by Council December 2014
- Incomplete Policy Approved by Council December 2014
Support Approved by Council November 2014
- 2013-2014 Graduate Catalog
- 2012-2013 Graduate Catalog
- 2011-2012 Graduate Catalog
- 2010-2011 Graduate Catalog
- 2008-2010 Graduate Catalog
- 2007-2008 Graduate Catalog
- 2006-2007 Graduate Catalog
- 2005-2006 Graduate Catalog
- 2004-2005 Graduate Catalog
- 2003-2004 Graduate Catalog
- 2000-2002 Graduate Catalog
Statement of Understanding
Incomplete Grades for Graduate Courses (degree and nondegree)
An INC (incomplete) may be given only when, for some justifiable reason, a student fails to take the final examination or to fulfill a specified requirement in a course.
An INC may be removed and a grade substituted if the student completes course requirements to the satisfaction of the instructor prior to the deadline established by the Graduate College. The Graduate College deadlines for removal of incomplete grades for the respective academic semesters are:
- Fall semester: June 1
- Spring semester: September 1
- Summer semester: January 1
However, an individual instructor may come to an agreement with his or her student for an earlier deadline for removal of an incomplete grade.
The graduate dean designate has the authority to extend the deadline for an incomplete. The student must petition the graduate dean designate for such consideration in writing and prior to the expiration of the deadline. The instructor's support is required for approval of the request.
For courses taken S/U, any mark of INC not removed by these deadlines will change to U. For courses taken for a letter grade, any mark of INC not removed by these deadlines will change to F. A student cannot graduate with a grade of INC.