Achieving success for students with learning disabilities and attention challenges
The Falcon Learning Your Way (FLY) Program was developed to assist students with specific learning disabilities (SLD) and/or ADHD during the transition from high school to college by providing individualized support every step of the way. FLY provides the cognitive and emotional support students may need, as we know that no two people learn the same way. Students will work with their assigned Learning Specialist to develop and implement individualized academic support plans, including the assessment and evaluation of their individual skills to determine learning needs and additional support.
- An individualized Falcon Learning Plan to include:
- Weekly one-on-one meetings with your Learning Specialist
- Coordinated services for tutoring and other campus resources
- Mid-term progress reporting
- Workshops (i.e. time management, study skills, stress management, wellness)
- Personalized orientation program for students and parents
- Personalized librarian services
- Guided support in accessing various campus resources
In order to participate in the FLY Program, you must apply and be admitted. FLY Program applications are considered in the order in which all application requirements are received. Space is limited. We are currently accepting applications for Fall of 2018.
To complete the Bowling Green State University admissions and FLY Program process you will need to:
- Complete The application for Undergraduate Admission ($45 nonrefundable application fee)
- Complete The application for the FLY Program ($15 nonrefundable application fee)
- Register for services through the BGSU Accessibility Services Office
In addition to BGSU’s tuition and fees the FLY Program cost is $2,500 a semester.
For more information on the current BGSU tuition and fees visit the BGSU Cost Summary.
Note from the Director
Dear Prospective Students and Family Members:
Thank you for considering the Falcon Learning Your Way (FLY) Program at Bowling Green State University (BGSU). The FLY Program is an intensive, individualized academic support program for students with various levels of learning differences tailored to the needs of each student. Each participant works directly with a full-time Learning Specialist within the BGSU Learning Commons, as well as an assigned tutor or writing consultant for each course they are enrolled in.
Participants also have access to academic coaches within The Learning Commons to assist them with time management skills, study strategies and mentoring. Various academic workshops are held throughout the semester to assist participants in test preparation, study skills, note taking, etc., and the Learning Specialist with communicate with faculty members to assess the participant’s progress in each course and provide updates to family members each semester. In addition, participants will have access to all accommodations recommended by the Accessibility Services office on the BGSU campus.
We are very excited for your interest in the FLY program and look forward to working with you as a future BGSU Falcon!
Mark D. Nelson, ’88, ‘92