Supplemental Instruction (SI) is:
- An internationally used academic program to help students improve their understanding of course material
- Guides students to developing productive study habits
- An informal review for students by students to explore critical concepts, review class notes, discuss reading assignments, test taking strategies and review for tests
The SI program provides:
- Regularly scheduled (3 per week), peer-led study sessions that are planned by the SI leader. ***Extra sessions are scheduled around heavy exam times. ***
- Sessions led by an SI leader that has already completed the class you are in.
- SI is a FREE program offered to students by the BGSU Learning Commons
What can I expect from SI?
- SI sessions are designed for students from a variety of abilities, backgrounds, and experiences to collaborate in an informal review session.
- Students have the opportunity to become active participants in the review sessions as SI leaders use sample tests, quizzes, homework, and other study activities.
- Data shows that students who regularly attend SI sessions earn higher grades and withdraw less frequently from classes when compared to students who do not regularly attend SI Sessions.
SI is only available during Fall and Spring semesters.