Office of Registration & Records
The Office of Registration and Records is responsible for each student's class registration and is the official source of information for the academic record. Questions about the functions of the office can be answered by phoning 419-372-8441, by faxing 419-372-7977, or by emailing Registrar@bgsu.edu.
Services provided by the office include:
- compiling and publishing the schedule of classes with the assistance of academic departments and colleges;
- maintaining the University's registration system and all student class schedules;
- maintaining and updating the undergraduate catalog;
- coordinating the award of Advanced Placement Credit;
- certifying completion of University requirements for graduation; and
- certifying enrollment for insurance purposes, student loans, or benefits under the Veterans' Education and Social Security Acts.
In addition, the office is responsible for:
- issuance of academic transcripts,
- evaluation of transfer credit,
- production of Degree Audit reports,
- readmission of former students,
- admission of guest students,
- certification of eligibility for participation in athletics and honor societies,
- clarification of residency for tuition purposes,
- processing of credit-by-exam, and
- various other academic functions related to students.