Young Alumni Council
Mission and History
The Bowling Green State University Young Alumni Council (BGSU YAC) strives to serve as ambassadors for BGSU and the BGSU Alumni Office to the public at large, to advocate for the interests of young alumni to the Alumni Office, and to foster relationships between BGSU and young alumni. The YAC was founded in 2011 by a group of dynamic and highly-involved young alumni.
The YAC serves young alumni, the Alumni Office, and BGSU by:
- Serving as ambassadors to the outside world
- Actively representing and promoting the University in their own local communities
- Educating current students and recent alumni about goals, purposes, projects, and services of the Alumni Office
- Advocating for the interests of young
- Promoting the social, professional, philanthropic, and service interests of recent alumni
- Communicating ideas and agendas from its constituents to the Alumni Office
- Fostering relationships between BGSU
and young alumni
- Cultivating active lifelong participation in and philanthropic support of BGSU
- Facilitating the implementation of relevant and meaningful programs and services for current and future young alumni across the country
The Young Alumni Council will interact with already established organizations, such as BGSU’s Regional Alumni Networks and Alumni Supporting Student Enrollment Together (ASSET) Program, to achieve common goals when interests of the groups coincide.