Center for Photochemical Sciences
The Center for Photochemical Sciences, established in 1985, evolved
from research activities of faculty in the Department of Chemistry at
Bowling Green State University to make more effective use of focused
resources in the photochemical sciences by assembling teams of
scientists collaborating in an interactive, interdisciplinary research
Center members include BGSU faculty from the Departments of Chemistry, Physics and Astronomy, and Biological Sciences. Its unifying intellectual theme focuses on the study of the interaction of light with physical, chemical, and biological systems, and on the quest for practical applications of that basic knowledge, which stimulate new technology. The Center serves to expand the synergy of research, teaching, and applications in the photochemical sciences.
Goals and Objectives
- To conduct research across displinary boundaries.
- To prepare students and professionals for careers in industry and academia.
- To support established technological business through consultation and collaboration, particularly in our immediate locale, and to support the development of new business based on photoscience.
- To serve as a resource center and transfer knowledge to those outside the Center.
- Strong interaction on regional, state, and national levels with industries whose research, development and product initiatives involve the photochemical sciences.
- A distinguished scientific advisory board composed of leaders in the photosciences from industry and academia who participate in policy, planning, and establishment of long-range goals for the Center.
- Research collaborations at the local, regional, national, and international levels.
All seminars will be held in Overman Hall 123 at 3:30 p.m. unless otherwise noted.
January 30, 2015
February 11, 2015
Hedi Mattoussi-Florida State University
February 18, 2015
Christian Wolf- Georgetown University
February 25, 2015
Tara Meyer-University of Pittsburgh
March 18, 2015
Christopher Bardeen - University of California, Riverside
April 1, 2015
Patrick El-Khoury- Pacific Northwest National Lab
April 22, 2015
David Giovannucci- University of Toledo
April 29, 2015
Student's choice speaker
FRIDAY May 1, 2015
Jeremiah Hanes-Pacific Biosciences
- Graduate student Mary Bauman receives the university's 2014-2015 Outstanding Graduate Student Teaching Award. March 20, 2015
are now being accepted for the Ohio Photochemical Society meeeting
in May. February 16, 2015
George Bullerjahn and BGSU biologists lead project to protect
Sandusky city water supply. January 29, 2015
Students from Ostrowski lab make
photoresponsive materials. January 29, 2015
Professor Peter Lu elected as American
Physical Society (APS) Fellow. January 8, 2015
undergrads make strides in photochemical sciences. August
- Graduate student Sergey Matveev
receives the 2014 McMaster Graduate Research Fellowship. April
- Professor Mikhail Zamkov receives Olscamp Research Award. April 25, 2014
- New organic chemistry lab hosts open house. September 26, 2013
- Ground broken for new Bureau of Criminal Investigation laboratory at BGSU. July 24, 2013
- Forensic science specialization to be offered at BGSU. March 25, 2013
- Alumni honors Dr. Tom Kinstle for fueling his energy research. January 28, 2013
- SPIE highlights Doug Neckers as a pioneer in stereolithography. January 15, 2013