Bob Moosbrugger ‘94
Director of Athletics & Recreation
Welcome Back, Falcon Family
These are words that we have all longed to say and I am thrilled for the opportunity to do just that for fall 2021 — welcoming you all back to campus for another year of in-person Falcon Athletics!
As you will learn from the features included in this edition of the ‘RollAlong!’ digital magazine, we are off and running with plans for 100% capacity at all athletics events starting this fall. Whether you are excited to see our championship soccer teams compete on the pitch, Falcon Volleyball attempt another historic run at Stroh, or BG Football to continue their climb back to the top of the MAC at The Doyt, we are ready for you to join us. In fact, we hope you bring a friend!
While challenging in every way, the 2021 academic year provided some incredible bright spots in the history of our athletics program at BGSU. Specifically,
- A 3.42 cumulative GPA for all student-athletes — the HIGHEST EVER
- 164 Academic All-Conference selections — the MOST EVER
- Six regular season or MAC Tournament Championships – the MOST SINCE 1982
- A 2nd place finish in the MAC’s Jacoby Standings (women’s competitive success) – the HIGHEST SINCE 2007
- Three MAC Coaches of the Year in Danijela Tomic (Volleyball), Robyn Fralick (Women’s Basketball), and Eric Nichols (Men’s Soccer)
- Finishing as only 1 of 3 schools IN THE NATION with Volleyball, Women’s Soccer, and Men’s Soccer advancing to the NCAA Tournament
- The commitment of our fans and donors to help raise more than $1 million for our Falcon Club Scholarship & Success Fund — the MOST EVER, which goes to support our annual $6.7 million grant-in-aid commitment
- And a myriad of individual academic and competitive recognitions and championships from across our athletics program … this was a GREAT YEAR TO BE A FALCON!
While these are incredible accomplishments, the fact that we were not able to attain them together with the full Falcon Family present has us hungry for more. We are proud, yet not satisfied, by the success of the last 12 months, and look forward to you joining this year’s journey as we continue to ‘Win it R.I.G.H.T.’ for BGSU.
I look forward to seeing you all soon and hope you will take the opportunity to reach out if I, or a member of my staff, can ever help. Your passion and feedback are critical to our success, and you can provide it by filling out the Be Heard form.
Go Falcons, Ay Ziggy!
Thank You from the Falcon Club!
Reaching $1 million in scholarship gifts to the Falcon Club Scholarship and Success Fund was a milestone that was once thought to be unreachable in a normal year.
Falcon Club Member Spotlight
Becca Ferguson shares why she continues to support the Falcon Club after first joining in 1998 as a new BGSU employee looking for ways to support students.
2020-21 ACADEMIC SUCCESS
RollAlong! Magazine Articles:
Under third-year head coach Scot Loeffler, BGSU Football has one of the most youthful teams in the country, along with one of the most experienced coaching staffs in the Mid-American Conference.
When all was said and done, a season that was unlike any other ended just as the previous two seasons had ended — with BGSU Women’s Soccer capturing the MAC Championship.
The Athletics Department is proud to welcome our newest members of the Falcon Family: Eric Lewis, Steven Wright, Matt St. Louis, Bill Switaj, Vincent Briedis, Damaris Linker, Stavros Pakaris and Taylor Clarke.
In The Nest Student-Athlete Video Series
Our student-athletes continue to show a tremendous amount of mental toughness during the 2020-21 season. The opportunities provided to these young men and women would not have been possible without the generous support of our Falcon Club donors.