As you continue your academic journey at BGSU—whether as a commuter student, a transfer student or both—the Office of Orientation and Transitions is here to connect you with the services and resources you need to succeed. We are committed to your success both in and out of the classroom.
Commuter Student Network (CSN)
Provide community to new and current BGSU students who do not live on campus.
CSN aims to:
- Provide opportunities for current commuter students to build community with one another.
- Connect commuter students with resources both on and off campus to make the transition to BGSU easier.
- Advocate for needs of commuter students and communicate those needs to appropriate campus partners to improve the commuter student experience.
- Engage commuter students in on and off campus events.
- Utilize and promote commuter student spaces on campus.
Transfer Student Association (TSA)
Provide advocacy for new transfer students through mentorship and community with current transfer students.
TSA aims to:
- Provide opportunities for current transfer students to build community on campus with one another.
- Mentor new transfer students through a mentorship program with returning/current transfer students.
- Facilitate leadership opportunities for current transfer students through cabinet and transition leader (TL) mentor positions.
- Connect new and current transfer students to resources on and off campus that are available to make the transition to BGSU easier.
Upcoming Programs and Events
Visit the BGSU Events Calendar to view even more upcoming programs and events for commuter and transfer students.
Commuter and transfer students alike will discover dedicated spaces throughout campus for studying and coming together with their classmates.
The Hazel H. Smith Lounge, located on the second floor of the Bowen-Thompson Student Union, welcomes commuter students to use this space as a homebase when on campus, with access to lockers that can be reserved for FREE, wireless printing, a kitchenette and other amenities.
Students will find a lounge space and comfortable furniture as well as a private study room that is available on a first come, first served basis in the Geoffrey H. Radbill Center for College and Life Design.
Another lounge just for commuter students is also available on the first floor of Jerome Library. Located next to the Market at Jerome Library, this off-campus student lounge features tables, booths, individual study cubicles and a wireless printer.
Whether it is for a day, a week or a semester or two, commuter students can reserve a locker in the Hazel H. Smith Lounge for free.
To get started, visit the BG1 desk in the Bowen-Thompson Student Union to complete a contract. When you no longer need the locker, stop back by the BG1 desk to notify them.
A student has 30 days to claim any items left behind. Afterwards, those items are donated to Campus Sustainability.
With over 20 parking lots dedicated to commuter student parking, there is ample space to park your vehicle across the BGSU campus. Permits can be purchased online at MyBGSU > Quick Links > Parking. Permits are processed in real time and active immediately. Annual and semester parking permits are available.
Need to unexpectedly remove snow off your car but forgot your snow scraper at home? Or did your car battery die and you need to find a spare set of jumper cables? These items and more are available to borrow at Jerome Library, with support from the Falcon Food Pantry. All you need is your BG1 card to get started.
Each item is available for a one-week loan period. Visit the Circulation Desk on the first floor of Jerome Library during library hours, or call the Circulation Desk at 419-372-2051 to confirm availability.
BGSU’s Department of Public Safety comprises the BGSU Police Department, Emergency Management, Parking Services and Shuttle Services.
Did you know? The BGSU Police Department will jump your car for you should your battery die. Located in 100 College Park Office Building, the department provides the campus with 24-hour police protection by a fully certified staff of police officers, detectives, and dispatchers.
Office of Orientation and Transitions
402 Bowen-Thompson Student Union
Bowling Green, OH 43403
Open Monday-Friday | 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Updated: 01/29/2024 01:50PM