BGSU to host 21st annual State of the Region Conference on March 6
BOWLING GREEN, Ohio – With goals of creating a sustainable, inclusive and resilient regional economy, the Center for Regional Development at Bowling Green State University hosts the 21st annual State of the Region conference on Monday, March 6 from 8 a.m. to noon at the Hilton Garden Inn in Perrysburg.
This year’s conference is focused on building a resilient and equitable economy through investment in small business capacity and brings together elected officials, economic developers, business leaders and regional stakeholders to discuss issues critical to the vitality of the region.
This year’s speakers and panelists include:
- Ilana Preuss, founder and CEO of Recast City LLC and author of “Recast Your City: How to Save Your Downtown with Small-Scale Manufacturing”
- Ebony Carter, director of the Minority Business Assistance Center, Toledo Regional Chamber of Commerce
- Kati Thompson, executive director for Bowling Green Economic Development
- Rebecca Singer, president and CEO of the Center for Innovative Food Technology
- Sandy Spang, deputy director of economic development for the city of Toledo
Opening remarks will be given by BGSU President Rodney K. Rogers and Ohio Sen. Bill Reineke. Dr. Nichole Fifer, interim director for the Center for Regional Development at BGSU, will deliver the State of the Region Address.
Dr. Jennifer Percival, dean of the Schmidthorst College of Business at BGSU, will moderate a panel discussion, “Building Small Business Capacity in Northwest Ohio,” featuring Carter, Singer, Spang and Thompson.
The Center for Regional Development (CRD) at BGSU partners with and convenes stakeholders from communities and organizations to enhance the economic vitality of Northwest Ohio. As an Economic Development Administration University Center and a member of the State of Ohio Rural University Program, CRD serves as a trusted and neutral capacity builder, data analytics provider, planning facilitator, program evaluator, and a bridge to BGSU faculty, students and resources.
For more information, please visit BGSU.edu/SOR.
Updated: 02/28/2023 11:05AM