BGSU launches new app with essential campus info, news and more
By Bob Cunningham
More than ever, the entire Bowling Green State University campus is at your fingertips thanks to the new BGSU App.
And because it’s user friendly, there’s "app-solutely" no excuse to ever be late for class again. After all, the app is able to track campus shuttles on their routes in real time. Talk about a timesaver!
Students can even connect to Canvas through the app, so they will have everything they need to succeed at BGSU on a smartphone or tablet.
Before students even leave their residence, they can find out what’s on the menu in the dining halls — and it even lists the calories! Tired of busy laundry facilities? The app shows how many washers and dryers are in use and when they’ll be available — all in real time. Same goes for the Student Recreation Center. Find out how crowded the weight room, track or pool is before you even step inside the building.
The BGSU App provides essential campus information such as the latest University and sports news, an events calendar and an interactive campus map.
Other features include:
- Admissions – Prospective students can schedule a visit or even apply online.
- Directory – Need help finding something? This is a great place to start.
- Emergency information – What to do in case of an emergency.
- Learning Commons – Schedule an appointment with a tutor.
- Library – Connect with the University’s largest resource.
- Majors and programs – Learn what programs BGSU has to offer.
- Map – Campus map, directions, building details and amenities.
- Social media – Stay in touch with the University through social media.
- University calendar — There’s always something to do on campus.
If you are an iOS user and already have the BGSU Campus app, it will turn into the BGSU App after an update.