Welcome to the Bowling Green State University Internship Program in Nutrition and Dietetics.
Interns in the distance program will attend a five day orientation on campus in late July/early August - the last week of Summer Session II. The following timetable provides an overview of the steps you must complete prior to beginning the dietetic internship in the fall.
Traveling to Bowling Green
Driving directions to Bowling Green can be found here. Toledo Express Airport is about a 30 minute drive northwest from campus. The Detroit Metro Airport is approximately 90 minutes from Bowling Green . Shuttle service is available through BG Airport Shuttle. You will have the option of staying in University housing.
What To Do - Timeline
- Read on-line Intern Handbook - Complete prior to on-site orientation or Grad Step (on-site interns)
- Complete pre-orientation case studies - you will receive these directly from the Program Director. - Complete prior to on-site orientation
- Enroll or renew your membership to the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics if you have not done so already http://www.eatright.org/membershipinfo/. Remember that you are eligible for the student rate. - Complete prior to on-site orientation
- Complete the Nutrition Care Process Tutorial http://www.andeal.org/ncp/ - Complete prior to on-site orientation
- Complete the FAFSA form if you plan to apply for federally subsidized loans. Please note that it is acceptance into the Graduate Certificate Program in Food and Nutrition that confers eligibility for loans – not acceptance into the Internship Program.
- Contact your clinical site preceptors to determine any health requirements. (The internship handbook lists the tests typically required). Bring documentation of any that you have completed to the on-site orientation. You will have titers drawn while you are on campus.
- Submit a final official transcript that indicates the date that your degree was awarded, if you have not already done so - Complete prior to on-site orientation. This is in addition to to the final transcript you will send to the Graduate College.
- Submit a completed and signed Verification of Program Completion Statement, if you have not already done so. - Complete prior to on-site orientation. Electronic version are NOT acceptable at this time.
- After you receive your ID number, activate your BG Net account using the instructions provided. This must be done prior to orientation. Please bring log-in information with you. - Complete prior to on-site orientation
- Purchase and maintain health insurance coverage for the duration of the internship program. Proof of insurance must be provided to the program director - Provide proof at on-site orientation at the latest.
- Arrange for remaining required sites and submit signed Affiliation Agreements. - Site and preceptor information should be submitted prior to orientation.