Program Goals & Outcomes
The Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics requires that Internship Programs in Nutrition and Dietetics have established goals that reflect the program’s mission and the environment in which the program exists.
Program Goals and Outcomes
Program Goal 1:
To prepare graduates to be competent entry-level dietitians.
Program Goal 2:
To provide a comprehensive program with a focus on health and wellness, which will prepare graduates to work in all areas of dietetics while allowing interns to pursue individual interests.
The following program outcome measures have been established to determine whether the Internship Program in Nutrition and Dietetics is meeting its program goals. Data is collected annually and feedback, from program participants is used to continually improve the program. Outcomes data are available upon request.
Outcomes supportive of Program Goal 1:
- Alumni will achieve an 80% first-time pass rate on the RD exam over a 5 year period
- 75% of interns in the Internship + Graduate Certificate Program (on-site and distance) will complete the program within 80 weeks of beginning it
- 75% of interns in the Internship + Master’s Degree Program will complete the program within 136 weeks of beginning it
- The mean rating of employers regarding program graduate’s preparation for post-program completion employment will meet or exceed the “meets expectations” rating 90% of the time
- Interns will receive meet or exceed the rating “meets expectations” on 90% of their “evaluation of intern performance 90% of the time
Outcomes supportive of Goal 2:
- Interns will rate the following exit survey statement “The internship supported individual goals by allowing intern input regarding elective rotations” as met expectations or better 90% of the time.
- Within 12 months of program completion, 75% of graduates will have obtained employment related to dietetics
- Interns will rate their internship preparation for their first post-internship position as adequate or better 90% of the time.