Use the computer matching code (295).
- Application to the Graduate College - requires $45.00 application fee. Please apply by February 15th. You can use the same personal statement that you use for DICAS application and your references (three are required) can use the same letters they submit to DICAS.
- Graduate application fees for new domestic applicants are being waived through fall 2021.
- Completion of the GRE general exam. Use the GRE code 1069 or the major code – 0214 Make sure that you include your scores on your application form, including the percentiles for each section. If you have an existing Master’s Degree or have successfully passed one of the following national exams, the GRE is waived: DTR, CDM, CLC.
- Due to COVID-19, BGSU is temporarily waiving the GRE and GMAT requirements for all applicants to any of the University’s graduate certificate and master’s degree programs through fall 2021.
- The program uses the on-line centralized internship application, DICAS. If you have questions, please e-mail DICASinfo@DICAS.org. The on-line application must be completed for our program by 11:59 p.m. Central Time on February 15. DICAS requires $50 for the first application submitted and $25 for each additional application.
- Applicants who apply to internships using DICAS will be asked to complete a personal statement in 1,000 words or less.
- Your personal statement is an important consideration in our selection process, so take the time to make it reflect who you are and why becoming a Registered Dietitian/Nutritionist is important to you.
The following questions should be addressed:
- Why do you want to enter the dietetics profession?
- How can BGSU’s Program help you meet your career goals?
- What are some experiences that have helped to prepare you for your career?
- What are your short-term and long-term goals?
- What are your strengths and weaknesses or areas needing improvement?
- Official Transcripts from all colleges and universities attended should be sent to: DICAS - Transcript Dept., PO Box 9118, Watertown, Ma 02471. You will also need to submit transcripts as part of the Graduate College application process.
- When completing the application form, applicants must include the name and contact information (specifically an e-mail address) for each reference. This will trigger an e-mail message requesting completion of a reference form. The form will be completed on-line. Students submitting more than one application will need to use the same individuals as references for each application.
- Applicants must also register online D&D Digital for computer matching and select dietetic internship priority choices by 11:59 p.m. Central Time on February 15. There is a $55.00 computer matching fee.
- Resume (PDF preferred)
- Optional: Electronic Portfolio. Include link in personal statement.