Appeals and Complaints

University Appeals (including grade appeals)

For general appeals and complaints involving established BGSU policy, including GRADE APPEALS, the procedures articulated in the catalog will be followed.  Please refer to the Academic Policies in the BGSU Undergraduate Catalog or Graduate Catalog for information about specific procedures for grade appeals.

College Appeals for the College of Health and Human Services

For general appeals such as late withdrawals from a course, change in grading option, etc., use this General Appeal Form.

For an appeal of an academic suspension or dismissal, use this Academic Suspension/Dismissal Appeal Form.

  • These academic appeal forms are for use within the College of Health and Human Services.
  • Appeals by students outside of CHHS will not be reviewed via this webpage. See contact information for other colleges below.
  • Financial Aid appeal information is located here. The above forms are not intended for Financial Aid appeals.
  • If you are suspended/dismissed, you must appeal to the College of Health and Human Services in addition to any other appeal you may be required to complete. Submitting an appeal does not guarantee reinstatement.  End of semester appeal deadlines will be enforced.

If you are in another BGSU college, then you must follow that college's appeal process. Please see your college's web page:

College of Arts & Sciences

Schmidthorst College of Business

College of Education and Human Development

College of Musical Arts

College of Technology, Architecture and Applied Engineering

For information on Financial Aid appeals, call 419-372-2651, or go to

BGSU Office of Student Financial Aid

General Complaints

For complaints related to the College of Health and Human Services programs, services, and curricula, contact:

Tom Gorman, Assistant Dean

105 Health and Human Services Building

Phone: 419-372-7768

Anonymous Complaint Reporting

Any member of the community has the right to raise concerns or make a complaint without fear of retaliation.  Anonymous complaints may be made by reporting online at Report an Incident.

Title IX

Complaints or notice of alleged policy violations, or inquiries about or concerns regarding Title IX (sexual harassment) and procedures, may be made internally to:

Lakeshia Dowlen, Title IX Coordinator, Office of Title IX

207 Hayes Hall - BGSU

Bowling Green, Ohio 43403

Phone: 419-372-8476

Content information for the Deputy Title IX Coordinators can be found on the Title IX website listed above.

Updated: 05/13/2024 11:51AM