Honors and Awards Committee
To encourage and recognize high academic achievement among students.
- Formulate policies, principles and standards for evaluation and presentation of academic honors and awards to be recognized by the University;
- Recommend to the Faculty Senate standards of academic achievement for recognition by the University of honorary societies and fraternities;
- Determine the status of an organization's qualifications as an academic honor society;
- Maintain communication with and among the college honors and awards committees.
SPECIAL FUNCTIONS OF FACULTY AND EX OFFICIO MEMBERS:
- Screen lists submitted to the Registrar of possible candidates for academic honors prior to each commencement;
- Make recommendations to the President as to honors and awards worthy of University recognition.
- Three elected faculty members, one of whom is a member of the Faculty Senate;
- one additional faculty member in first four years, appointed by the Committee on Committees for a one-year term;
- Two undergraduate students appointed by USG for one-year terms;
- One graduate student appointed by GSS for a one-year term.
- Registrar or his/her designee;
- Assistant Vice President for Student Activities and Organizations
The chair shall be elected from among the elected faculty members.
BALANCE OF REPRESENTATION:
The three elected faculty members must be eligible for election to Faculty Senate (Academic Charter, Article V.B).
All elected, appointed and ex officio members have full voting rights. Consultants are non-voting members. (Academic Charter, Article V.B)