Graduate Certificate in
Supply Chain Management
In this nationally acclaimed supply chain management program you will be prepared for a variety of career options with plentiful positions regionally, nationally, and internationally that are both well compensated and exciting.
Learn supply chain management principles and practical skills related to project management, strategic sourcing and purchasing, and category management.
The courses taken in this program are taught by the same faculty teaching in BGSU’s nationally ranked undergraduate supply chain program and can be applied towards an MBA from BGSU.
Completion in as little as
6 per year
“The BGSU Graduate Certificate in Supply Chain Management is timely given the current market demands and interest in better supply chain processes. The supply chains courses have given me increasing confidence to find solutions to operations and supply chain challenges.”
-BGSU MBA Student
- BGSU is known for its supply chain program and many employers trust and rely on BGSU graduates
- BGSU’s undergraduate supply chain program is ranked in the top 25 by Gartner and the graduate programs have also been nationally recognized
- The Schmidthorst College of Business in Accredited by AACSB
- BGUS supply chain graduates have been highly successful and regularly come back to recruit new supply chain talent for their organizations
- This program is self-paced and highly flexible with online instruction. It can be completed either full-or part time depending on each students’ needs
The Allen W. and Carol M. Schmidthorst College of Business holds dual accreditation in business and accounting from The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB International). Dual accreditation is achieved by less than 2 percent of business schools worldwide.
Unmatched Student Support! Quality Matters Certified
BGSU is only one of a handful of universities in the nation to earn the Quality Matters Online Learner Support Certificate. This certificate recognizes BGSU's commitment to online student success. The eCampus team proudly offers a one-stop-shop experience for all of your questions. Our main goal is simple: your success from registration to graduation
Request More Information
Supply Chain Management
Advance Your Career
- Logistics Manager
- Operations Manager
- Commodity Manager
- Purchasing Director
- Transportation Analyst
- Supply Chain Manager
- Get started soon
- Take courses 100% online
- Enhance your professional knowledge
- Add to your credentials
- Advance your career
- 12 credit hours
- Finish in 2 - 4 semesters
- Cost of attendance calculator (select eCampus)
- Financial aid available
Supply chain management is a growing field of business that integrates supply management, operations, and logistics. This certificate is designed to meet the needs of working supply chain professionals by increasing their knowledge of supply chain processes and tools. Relevant topics include supply category management, sourcing, process design and management, quality management and lean, inventory, sales and operations planning, transportation, distribution, project management, and supply chain risk. The graduate certificate in supply chain management imparts knowledge and skills to prepare students for success in solving supply chain challenges and in exploiting supply chain related opportunities for their organizations.
Requirements for the program
Applicants to the Graduate Certificate in Supply Chain Management must hold a bachelor's degree from an accredited institution with minimum of a 2.75 GPA or a master's degree.
Why Choose BGSU?
- Learn from world-class supply chain faculty
- Flexible program
- Most courses can be applied towards an MBA degree from BGSU
- Flexible online course with multiple start times per year and the ability to stop and start at your own pace
- Cost effective program
Pursue a master’s degree
A Master’s Degree in Business Administration can be earned by completing additional credit hours of coursework (100% online).
- SCM 6010 Category Management and Strategic Sourcing (3)
- SCM 6030 Strategic Project Management for Supply Chain Change (3)
Elective courses (choose at least two):
- MBA 6040 Supply Chain Management (3)
- MBA 6020 Information Systems for Managers (3)
- MBA 6010 Quantitative Analysis for Managers (3)
- MBA 6100 Challenges and Responses of the Global Firm (3)
- MBA 6080 Leading for Organizational Success (3)
- QS5270/7270 Synchronous Quality Planning (3)
- QS 6160/7020 Quality Culture Assessment (3)
- QS 6260 Six Sigma Systems Analysis (3)
- QS 6270 Lean Systems Analysis (3)
Steps to Apply
Submit Your Graduate College Application Online
Apply Now or Return to Existing Application
- For Area of Study, select “Certificate” and “Supply Chain – Certificate (eCampus)
- No application fee.
- No GRE, Praxis, or OAEs test scores required.
As part of the online application process, you will upload scanned copies of transcripts from all institutions attended. Upon admission, final official transcripts from each degree-granting institution must be submitted to the Graduate College.
Non-native speakers of English must submit test scores on the TOEFL IBT, IELTS, or PTE. Recommended university minimum scores required for admission.
Request that transcripts (and test scores, if applicable) be sent directly to:
200 University Hall
Bowling Green State University
Bowling Green, OH 43403
Resume, Two Letters of Recommendation and Personal Statement
As part of the online application process, you will upload a resume , two letters of recommendation, and a personal statement evaluating your preparation for graduate study and stating your educational and career objectives.
You will be enrolled in and receive your graduate certificate from the Schmidthorst College of Business
This Certificate can lead to an MBA
Updated: 03/07/2023 03:56PM