January 20, 2017
Undergraduate students from all disciplines may submit proposals related but not limited to diversity in all areas, including culture, ethnicity, gender, race, sexuality, and disability. Presentations can include research studies, creative works, short workshops, and posters but are not limited to these formats. We encourage students to propose presentations that are works in progress. The committee also encourages proposals in nontraditional formats.
- Poster presentations will be displayed during the conference and there will be a designated time for students to answer questions about their topics.
- Individual paper presentations (e.g., research presentations) will be 10-12 minutes long.
- Group/panel paper presentations will include 2-4 presenters (each presenter discussing a single topic or related topics for 5 to 10 minutes each).
- Visual creative works (e.g., painting, ceramics, photography) may be displayed during the conference.
- Performance creative works (e.g., spoken word, dance, vocal performance, short theater) must be from 5 to 10 minutes.
- Media presentations may include a 3-5 minute film, 3-5 minute video, 3-5 minute music video, or website.
Proposal abstracts should not exceed 200-250 words and should include: Presenter(s) name(s), presentation/paper title(s), and abstracts (if panel, for each presenter). Please submit an abstract (not to exceed one page, single-spaced) along with a cover sheet that lists:
- Your name
- Your university/institution/organization
- Your role at university/organization (student, faculty, organizer)
- Your email address
- Your phone number
- The title of your presentation
- Name of your faculty advisor (if applicable)
- If submitting a proposal for a panel, please include this information for all presenters and the panel title.
Proposal abstracts and cover sheet are due on December 9, 2016. (Extensions can be given if necessary – please contact Cordula Mora email@example.com as soon as possible).
Please send your completed abstract form to firstname.lastname@example.org.