Psychological Services Center
Department of Psychology
Bowling Green State University
Bowling Green, OH 43403
(419) 372-2533 (fax)
Dr. Dryw Dworsky, Director
Trina Hagemyer, Administrative Assistant
Monday, Thursday, Friday: 8 am - 5 pm
Tuesday, Wednesday: 8 am - 7:30 pm
The goals of the Psychological Services Center at BGSU are: 1) to provide high quality psychological services to individuals and agencies in Bowling Green and the surrounding community, and 2) to provide training to advanced doctoral students in clinical psychology.
The Center is staffed by approximately 40 graduate students under the close supervision of licensed clinical psychologists who are on the university faculty.
Services offered reflect a community mental health orientation and a broad range of approaches to assessment and psychotherapy.
A variety of psychological services are offered to individuals, couples, and families. Commonly seen issues include stress, depression, anxiety, relationship problems, family and parenting concerns, substance abuse, and grief. Consultation to health-care professionals and agencies is available. Clients of any age throughout Northwest Ohio are eligible for services. Services are confidential.
- personality adaptation
- learning problems
- behavior disorders
- individual therapy for children and adults
- family and couples counseling
- behavioral medicine
- substance abuse
- assistance in child-rearing practices
- behavioral modification programs for home and school settings
- to assist other professionals (e.g., school personnel, clergy, physicians, probation officers, judges, nurses, caseworkers) with clients they serve
- to assist agency personnel in working more effectively with specific cases
- to assist agencies with administrative problems and develop better service delivery
- in-service educational programs for agency personnel, professional groups, and community organizations
- workshops and short-term education programs focused on specific topics or development of particular skills
- speaker's bureau
Program Development and Evaluation
- assistance in planning new and innovative treatment and rehabilitative programs
- analysis of program utility and effectiveness
- needs assessment
- when insurance is unavailable, fees are based on a sliding scale and adjusted to the individual's ability to pay
- third party payments accepted, including Medicare and Medicaid
- self-referrals and referrals from other agencies and professionals are accepted
- evening appointments available
The Psychological Services Center partners with Theravive to help bring low-cost counseling services to the community.