Women's, Gender, & Sexuality Studies
Welcome to Women’s, Gender and Sexuality Studies!
The academic discipline of Women's Studies began in the 1970s, and
it examines women’s lives locally and globally, focusing on how gender
intersects with other forms of difference including race, disability,
ethnicity, class, age, and sexual orientation. At BGSU, our program
is called Women’s, Gender and Sexuality Studies. We are part of the
new School of Cultural and Critical Studies in the College of Arts and
Sciences. However, our faculty can be found in all Colleges of the
University. This faculty educates over a thousand students every year
in Women’s, Gender and Sexuality Studies classes.
We offer both an undergraduate major and minor, a new undergraduate minor in Sexuality Studies, and a graduate certificate in Women’s Studies. Please contact us or explore this site for more information about our people and programs.
Sandra Faulkner, Ph.D.
Director and Graduate Coordinator
2015 Undergraduate and Graduate Course Offerings
- Nominations open for the 2015 Feminist Falcon Awards
needed for the 2015 Silent Auction benefiting WGSS student
- Apply for the 2015 WEAL Legacy Essay Scholarship
- Call for Papers: 2015 WGSS Research Symposium
- Spring 2015 Undergraduate and Graduate Course Offerings
- WGSS Spring 2014 Newsletter
- You can enroll in the new Sexuality Studies minor today
- Check out our Facebook page for photos and upcoming events!