The Sidney A. Ribeau Presidents Leadership Academy (PLA) at BGSU is a prestigious four-year program designed to cultivate and nurture the leadership potential of its scholars. Through a comprehensive curriculum, mentorship, and experiential learning opportunities, the PLA empowers scholars to develop their leadership skills, critical thinking abilities, and a strong sense of social responsibility. The PLA is dedicated to shaping the next generation of capable and influential leaders.
The Sidney A. Ribeau President's Leadership Academy (PLA) Scholarship Application deadline is Wednesday, December 6, 2023 for students entering BGSU in Fall 2024. Applications received after this date will not be accepted.
Individuals selected to participate in PLA will receive a scholarship up to the cost of in-state instructional and general fees, for each year of eligibility. All monies must be applied directly to University charges. No refunds will be dispersed from PLA.
The Scholarship is renewable for a maximum of eight semesters of full-time enrollment (12-18 hours/semester). The Scholarship is only applied during fall and spring semesters.
- Be accepted as a Bowling Green State University student prior to the PLA application deadline
- Completed application to the Sidney A. Ribeau President’s Leadership Academy by stipulated deadline
- Complete two essays on selected leadership topics
- Demonstrate leadership in high school and/or the community
- Demonstrate community engagement and/or service
- Complete free application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) form by January 15, 2024
- Selected candidates must complete an on-campus interview
- Successfully complete the Sidney A. Ribeau President’s Leadership Academy Summer Program
- Only current high school seniors are eligible to apply. Applicants must graduate from high school by June 2024.
- Prepare students to lead with integrity at BGSU and beyond
- Provide an environment with both academic and co-curricular components challenging students to think critically and reason insightfully
- Encourage passionate and talented servant leadership
- Provide access to BGSU faculty and staff
- Create network of people from diverse corporate, government, and nonprofit organizations to promote leadership education
- Four-year scholarship up to cost of in-state tuition
- Directed leadership development
- Academic, social, and service experiences outside of the classroom
- Increased interaction with BGSU students, faculty, and staff
- Understanding and appreciation for diversity
Updated: 10/02/2023 09:42AM