Veterinary Science Camp
Veterinary Science Camp Apply Now
July 26th - 30th, 2021 STILL ACCEPTING
Do you have a passion for taking care of animals? Have you thought about becoming a veterinarian, technician, or zoo keeper? The BGSU Veterinary Science Camp is here to help students discover what it takes to work in fields related to animal science, medicine, and more. This five-day virtual program will allow students to explore research laboratories, virtually visit farms, zoos and gain insight from professionals in the field.
What kinds of activities do campers get to do?
- Perform diagnostic tests
- Complete veterinary case studies
- Go on a series of field trips (Virtual Tours) including beef cattle farms, sheep farms and the Toledo Zoo & Aquarium
- Learn how to complete a physical exam
- Explore special interest fields of veterinary medicine from working professionals
- Explore how BGSU can prepare you for pursuing your passions
- Meet [Virtual Meeting] a member of the Beagle Birgade & and his partner a United States Border Patrol Officer
- More guest speakers, at home labs & activities to be announced
Who can attend?
For students who will be entering 9th, 10th, 11th, & 12th grade & who are excited to learn more about careers in veterinary & animal science. As well as learn how BGSU can help prepare you for your career interests.
What does the cost cover?
The cost of $175 dollars (camperships possible) covers the webinars, lectures, guest speakers and support for the full week, admission to our virtual tours & lab activity items.
Camp Kit & Workbook Materials
The Camp Kit will come with all materials needed for the week long program, including a camp workbook that includes many of the resources, worksheets, and notes from all of the guest speakers.
A Glimpse of some of the items & activities include:
- BGSU® Pre Veterinary T-Shirt
- Spiral Bound Workbook
- Stethoscope & Suture Kit (no sutures)
- Dissection Activity (option for virtual or mailed kit)
How can I apply?
Complete the online form below so that we can learn more about you and your interest in discovering more about the health sciences and ample careers.
Application Dates & Deadlines
- Final Deadline to apply: April 30, 2021
- WAITLIST APPLICATION: May 24th, 2021
- First wave applicants will be notified by March 15 of acceptance
- Final wave applicants will be notified by May 5, 2021
- WAITLIST APPLICANTS will be notified by June 1, 2021
- All programs, or camps within a program, may be subject to minimum enrollment and may be canceled if enrollment minimum is not met. In the event of a cancelled program all fees and registration costs will be refunded.
- Campers may withdraw their application anytime.
- Deposits are non-refundable
ACCEPTANCE & DEPOSIT
To reserve your seat in camp a $25.00 non-refundable deposit is due within 10 days of receiving your camp acceptance. Participants who do not pay the deposit by the tenth day are removed and placed on the waitlist. A deposit made after the 10th day does not guarantee a seat and must be approved.
- Camp Week: July 26, 2021 Payment Due: June 26, 2021
- *Please contact the office to request a payment plan if needed.
Forms will be collected via CampDocs. Information with a link to the site will be sent with your acceptance.
- BGSU Waiver
- BGSU Media Release
- Camp Rules & Policies
If a registration is canceled, the individual or organization making the original CAMP payment will receive:
Full refund minus deposit if cancelation occurs on or before June 12, 2021
75% refund minus deposit if cancelation occurs 21 days or more to the start of camp.
50% refund minus depost if cancelation occurs between 14 days and 21 days to the start of camp.
No refund for a "No Show" or for a cancellation request received less than 2 weeks prior to the start date of the program. Students dismissed for disciplinary reasons are not eligible for any refund.