Veterinary Science Camp
Pre-Camp Virtual Asynchronous Animal Science Modules: July 6-8, 2022
Virtual Academy Program Dates: July 11 - 15, 2022
Application Opens December 1st
Early Consideration Deadline: March 1st
General Deadline: April 15th
Do you have a passion for taking care of animals? Have you thought about becoming a veterinarian, technician, or zoo keeper? The BGSU Veterinary Science Camp is here to help students discover what it takes to work in fields related to animal science, medicine, and more. This five-day virtual program will allow students to explore research laboratories, virtually visit farms, zoos and gain insight from professionals in the field.
- Dive in to a brand new Pre-Camp Animal Science Curriculum & Module Series - Offered before camp July 6 - 8
- Explore how BGSU can prepare you for pursuing your passions
- Hear what it is like to be a BGSU Student from the BGSU Pre-Vet Student Organization
- Learn about special interest fields within veterinary medicine from working professionals
- Discover what it takes to get in to Veterinary School from Admissions Counselors
- Connect with Veterinarians at the Ohio Department of Agriculture & United States Department of Agriculture to learn how they work to keep the food supply safe
- Go behind the scenes with local veterinarians to discover what a day in the life of a veterinarian is like.
Labs & Activities
- Perform simulation diagnostic tests
- Complete veterinary case studies
- Lab Animal Handling Lab
- Sterile Technique & Handwashing Lab
- Heart Dissection Lab with a BGSU Professor
- and more!
Who can attend?
For students who will be entering 9th, 10th, 11th, & 12th grade & who are excited to learn more about careers in veterinary & animal science. As well as learn how BGSU can help prepare you for your career interests.
What does the cost cover?
The cost of $195 dollars (camperships possible) covers the webinars, lectures, guest speakers and support for the full week, admission to our virtual tours, lab materials and activities.
Camp Kit & Workbook Materials
The Camp Kit will come with all materials needed for the week long exploration program, including a program workbook that includes many of the resources, worksheets, and notes from all of the guest speakers.
A Glimpse of some of the items & activities include:
- BGSU® Veterinary Med T-Shirt
- Veterinary Med Spiral Bound Workbook.
- Materials to assemble Pet First Aid Kit
- Dissection Kit
- simulation materials for lab animal handling exercise
- and more!
How can I apply?
Complete the online form so that we can learn more about you and your interest in discovering more about the health sciences and ample careers.
Application Dates & Deadlines
- Application Opens December 1st
- Early Consideration Deadline: March 1st
- General Deadline: April 15th
- All programs, or camps within a program, may be subject to minimum enrollment and may be canceled if enrollment minimum is not met. In the event of a cancelled program all fees and registration costs will be refunded.
- Campers may withdraw their application anytime.
- Deposits are non-refundable
ACCEPTANCE & DEPOSIT
To reserve your seat in camp a $25 non-refundable deposit is due within 10 days of receiving your camp acceptance. Participants who do not pay the deposit by the tenth day are removed and placed on the waitlist. A deposit made after the 10th day does not guarantee a seat and must be approved.
- Camp Week: July 11, 2022 Payment Due: May 30, 2022
- *Please contact the office to request a payment plan if needed.
Forms will be collected via CampDocs. Information with a link to the site will be sent with your acceptance.
- BGSU Waiver
- BGSU Media Release
- Camp Rules & Policies
If a registration is canceled, the individual or organization making the original CAMP payment will receive:
- Full refund minus deposit if cancelation occurs on or before May 30, 2022
- 75% refund minus deposit if cancelation occurs 21 days or more to the start of camp.
- 50% refund minus depost if cancelation occurs between 14 days and 21 days to the start of camp.
- No refund for a "No Show" or for a cancellation request received less than 2 weeks prior to the start date of the program. Students dismissed for disciplinary reasons are not eligible for any refund.