Bowling Green State University receives applications exclusively through the Physical Therapist Central Application Service (PTCAS), provided by the American Physical Therapy Association. Applicants are advised to review the application instruction on PTCAS. Bowling Green State University’s Doctor of Physical Therapy (DPT) program information can be found on the PTCAS Directory page.
Applying for Admission
Applications for the Class of 2025, to begin coursework in August 2023, are now open. Applicants are strongly encouraged to review the instructions for submitting an application through PTCAS before attempting to apply to the Bowling Green State University DPT Program.
All of the following materials must be submitted through PTCAS:
- Official Transcripts: Applicants must arrange for PTCAS to receive an official transcript from each college and university attended in the United States and Canada. This includes all institutions where a university level course was taken.
- References: Applicants must arrange for references to submitted electronically through PTCAS. BGSU requires at least three letters of recommendation, at least one of which must be from a licensed physical therapist. Each evaluator providing a reference will be contacted using the email address provided in PTCAS by the applicant.
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL): If English is not an applicant’s first (primary) language, official TOEFL scores must be submitted to Bowling Green State University.
Bowling Green State University’s DPT program does not require the GRE.
BGSU DPT reviews applications and makes admissions decisions on a rolling basis in the order of receipt. Applicants are encouraged to submit applications and all supporting materials as soon as possible in the admissions cycle. The BGSU DPT PTCAS Admissions Cycle closes on May 15, 2023.
For questions related to admission to the program, please contact our Admissions Advisors at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The DPT Admissions Committee and faculty will review all completed applications (i.e., application and all supporting materials received) in the order of receipt. Admission decisions are made on a rolling basis. As such, applicants are encouraged to submit their applications as soon as possible.
Applicants are evaluated on the following:
- Cumulative GPA
- Pre-requisite GPA
- Math/Science GPA
- Other relevant academic experiences
- Relevant work experience
- Volunteer activity
- Extracurricular activity
- Prior military experience
- Letters of Reference
- Completion of two supplemental essays
The DPT admissions committee will use this evaluative process to ensure nondiscrimination and equal opportunity for all applicants.
The DPT admissions committee and faculty will accept applicants into the program based on a holistic evaluation of their application, including supplemental materials. Applicants will be notified by email and/or mail regarding final selection decisions.
Updated: 06/15/2022 08:43AM