Graduate College Grade Replacement- Graduate
3341-3-67 Graduate College Grade Replacement-Graduate
All University units
Office of the Provost
(A) Policy Statement and Purpose
This policy describes the criteria for grade replacement for graduate students.
(1) All graduate courses taken at the university count toward a student’s cumulative grade point average, including course retakes with the following exception:
(a) For one course retaken at the university, the credit hours and quality points for the original registration will not be used in computing the student's cumulative grade point average. For this course, the credit hours and quality points for the retake registration will be used in computing the student's cumulative grade point average.
(2) A student must complete the “Graduate College Grade Replacement Request” form for a grade replacement to be approved.
(3) No grade is removed or erased from a transcript by retaking a course.
(4) Any punitive grade as a result of an Academic Honesty case may not have the retake policy applied to it. Students may retake these courses to meet degree requirements, but both grades will be used in the calculation of the cumulative grade point average. In cases where the punitive grade is "U," students may retake these courses and it will have no effect on the cumulative grade point average.
(5) Transfer credit is not eligible for grade replacement.
Registered Date: February 11, 2017