Financial Literacy Resources
BGSU has partnered with PNC to provide financial literacy resources and workshops for students. Below you will find a full listing of services currently offered. If there is a topic of which PNC is unable to address, you will be provided other options. BGSU students DO NOT need to be a customer of PNC Bank to take advantage of any of the services or programs offered; they are offered at no charge.
PNC Bank + Bowling Green State University
- ID Linking: Link your PNC bank account to your BG1 Card and use it as an ATM card
- Custom Debit Card: Show your school pride with a PNC Bank Visa® Debit Card designed just for Bowling Green State University
- Convenient Locations: We have PNC branches and PNC ATMs on and near campus to ensure you have access to the resources you need to manage your money.
PNC My Finance Academy
With articles and tips, My Finance Academy provides financial education and information to help you make good decisions and manage your money while on campus, and beyond. Learn more about My Finance Academy.
In addition, the following free financial education resources are available to all BGSU undergraduate and graduate students:
- Educational Seminars
- Group Seminars*
- Individual and confidential financial education sessions
- Individualized spending plans
- How to identify and track expenses during and after college
- Tips for managing a checking account (and avoiding fees)
- Help to locate resources in the event of identity theft
- Tips and tools to avoid college related identity theft scams
- Graduate with a plan for repaying your debt
nslds.ed.gov - National Student Loan Data System
Find out the status of your student loans, repayment and deferment options, and information regarding the federal aid you have received.
The Federal Government's website dedicated to helping Americans understand more about their money - how to save it, invest it, and manage it to meet their personal goals.
direct.ed.gov - William D Ford. Federal Direct Loan Program
Students and parents can explore the site for information about the Direct Loan Program, including helpful publications and tools to help manage their Direct Loans.
Daily Spending Plan (Excel)
This Spending Plan gives you the ability to track your income and daily expenses by category.
Monthly Spending Plan (Excel)
This Personal Monthly Spending Plan gives you the opportunity to track monthly income and expenses by category.
BGSU Student Financial Aid Estimator
This estimator provides an estimate of the financial assistance you may be eligible to receive for the upcoming academic year.
CollegeBoard College Calculator
This link takes you to a number of college financing calculators designed to help you project your income as well as the expenses associated with attending a college or university.
Credit Card Calculator
This calculator allows you to see the true cost of paying only the minimum balance on your credit card.
FINRA.org - Financial Industry Regulatory Authority
FINRA believes investor protection begins with education. Using the Internet, the media and public forums, we help investors build their financial knowledge and provide them with essential tools to better understand the markets and basic principles of saving and investing.