Graduate Student Ambassador Qualifications and Responsibilities
To provide graduate student leaders that are dedicated to representing BGSU and serving as a role model to prospective and incoming graduate students. Ambassadors will speak to the graduate culture, lead campus tours and perform all other duties as assigned to ensure a great student experience.
- Matriculated Graduate Student in Good Standing
- Able to perform duties as assigned from March 2020 – March 2021
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Familiarity with MS Office Suite, proficiency in Excel and Word
- Effective interpersonal skills•Professional demeanor
- Able to work independently and collaboratively
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Leadership Ability•Enthusiasm
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Attend monthly training sessions (March - May)
- Work with Graduate Coordinators, Department chairs, Faculty, Graduate Secretaries, and current graduate students to assist in the development department-specific orientation and training schedule.
- Engage in frequent written and verbal communication with incoming students regarding Orientation.
- Perform all duties as assigned during the Graduate College orientation week sessions. Duties may include, but are not limited to, staffing registration tables, greeting students, moderating sessions, participating in sessions and leading campus tours.
- Promote BGSU graduate programs during on campus recruitment events such as Campus Fest, Preview Days, Campus Visits, Career Expo and webinars during Fall and Spring semesters.
- Serve as a role model for the Graduate College by participating in on campus yield events such as phone and email campaigns during the Spring semester.
- Lead campus tours for prospective graduate students and their families during individual and group visits.
- Perform all duties as assigned during the Annual Graduate and Professional School Fair. Duties may include but are not limited to staffing registration tables, vendor assistance and staffing break rooms.
March 2020 – March 2021
Coordinator of Graduate Outreach and Student Success
Estimated hours of commitment:
$10.00 per hour
How to Apply:
To apply, please email Jennifer Sayre (email@example.com) your current resume/CV. Include in the text of the email the following:
- Short statement answering the question “Why would you like to be a Graduate Student Ambassador?”
Eligible applicants will be contacted regarding the next step in the application process.
Updated: 04/22/2021 09:30AM