Taking Care of Your Bill
Washington Monthly magazine has named Bowling Green State University one of “America’s Best-Bang-for-the-Buck Colleges.” BGSU was ranked 50th out of 79 national universities and had the highest ranking of all Ohio public institutions.
As part of our commitment to affordable education, BGSU offers tools and services to you and your family to help manage finances.
Financial resources to help you pay tuition and other expenses
- Apply for financial aid early to maximize funding options. Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at fafsa.ed.gov.
- Access the BGSU Financial Aid Website for scholarship, grant and loan information. Allow adequate time for private loan processing (1-2 weeks from self certification)
- Check with community organizations.
- Take advantage of the free Searchable Scholarship Guide.
Visit the State of Ohio web site for information on state scholarship/grant programs (i.e., Choose Ohio First, Opportunities for Veterans, Ohio War Orphans Scholarship, etc.).
TUITION REIMBURSEMENT PROGRAMS
Check with your employer, or have your parents check with their employers to determine if they offer employee or dependent tuition reimbursement programs.
- BGSU payment plan: Learn more at Installment Payment Plan
- After registering, make sure payment in full is received by the posted due date on your eBill.
Money Management Services
- Free financial education services to BGSU undergraduate and graduate students.
- Visit Student Money Management Services
Stay informed and current with your financial aid and your bill
Estimate your bill
Visit the Tuition & Fee Estimator 2014-2015 to calculate your expected bill.
- Check your Falcon Mail account regularly for important financial aid messages and eBill updates.
- To authorize a parent to receive an email for the eBill and to make online payments, students must log on to MyBGSU Navigate to Student Financials View Bill & Make Payment and follow the link to Parent PINs.
Financial Aid Requirements and Awards
Log in to MyBGSU to view the status of your financial aid and your awards. Check your "To Do List" on a regular basis for items that need to be completed.
- To view your BGSU eBill, log in to your MyBGSU>Navigate to Students> Financials>View Bill & Make Payment. This will take you directly to the eBill (CashNet) site.
- CashNet - BGSU's electronic billing notification system - check your balance frequently - know when your payment is due.