BGSU to host 9th annual Women of Distinction Awards honoring female leaders
BOWLING GREEN, Ohio — In celebration of Women’s History Month, Bowling Green State University will host the ninth annual Women of Distinction Awards on Thursday, March 16, honoring six female leaders for their gender equity advocacy work on campus.
The event, which is free and open to the public, is being held at the Bowen-Thompson Student Union Multipurpose Room. Doors open at 3 p.m. and the ceremony begins at 3:30 p.m.
The Women of Distinction Awards honor outstanding leaders in the BGSU community who serve as role models and mentors to those who have faced gender or sex discrimination. The award celebrates their commitment to advocacy for gender equity and willingness to exemplify the University’s core values.
2023 Women of Distinction Award recipients:
- Madison Baltimore, BGSU senior majoring in public health
- Dr. Jess Birch, instructor in ethnic studies and women’s, gender and sexuality studies in the School of Cultural and Critical Studies
- Libby Farren ‘22, research assistant in the Psychotherapy Research or Study of Connection, Intimacy and Loneliness (PROSOCIAL) lab
- Lt. Col. Amy Grant, professor of aerospace studies and commander, Air Force Reserve Office Training Corps Detachment 620 at Bowling Green State University
- Monique Rosati ‘10, director of women’s basketball operations
- Dr. Meg Vostal ‘20, adjunct assistant teaching professor in the School of Counseling and Special Education
Updated: 03/09/2023 02:06PM