BGSU accepting nominations for 9th annual Women of Distinction Awards
BOWLING GREEN, Ohio – Honoring those who support and promote gender equity on campus, Bowling Green State University is seeking nominations for the ninth annual Women of Distinction Awards.
The annual event recognizes outstanding leaders in the BGSU community who serve as role models and mentors to individuals who have faced discrimination based on sex and/or gender and exhibit dedication to empowering individuals who have faced discrimination based on sex and/or gender to achieve their goals.
Nominations for the 2023 awards are being accepted through Jan 12. Nominees may be undergraduate or graduate students, faculty or staff members, alumni or community members of all genders.
Finalists are chosen based on the following criteria:
- Commitment to serving as a role model and providing mentorship to individuals who have faced discrimination based on sex and/or gender to achieve their goals
- Dedication to empowering individuals who have experienced discrimination based on sex and/or gender
- Commitment to the BGSU mission and encouragement of others to live up to the University’s core values: Intellectual and personal growth, creativity, innovation and entrepreneurism, diversity and belonging, collaboration with each other and partners, and excellence in all we do
- Advocates for and reinforces policies, practices, attitudes and/or actions that are intended to produce equitable outcomes for all while garnishing respect within the community.
- Is a leader who has made extraordinary contributions in their communities through their time, talent and/or resources
The 2023 Women of Distinction Awards will take place at 3:30 p.m. on Thursday, March 16, 2023, in the Bowen-Thompson Student Union.
The event is made possible by the C. Raymond Marvin Center for Student Leadership and Civic Engagement, Center for Women and Gender Equity and College Panhellenic Council.
For more information, visit BGSU.edu/wodnominate.
Updated: 11/29/2022 02:40PM