BGSU to host 20th annual State of the Region Conference
BOWLING GREEN, Ohio - Committed to driving regional economic vitality, the Center for Regional Development at Bowling Green State University will host the 20th annual State of the Region Conference from 8 a.m. to Noon Monday, March 7, at the Hilton Garden Inn in Perrysburg.
Bringing together elected officials, economic developers, business leaders and other regional stakeholders, this year's conference will focus on catalyzing workforce development through transformative placemaking.
Conference registration is free and closes Thursday, March 3. A public livestream on the day of the event will also be available. Media members are invited to attend in-person or virtually.
This year's speakers include:
- Jennifer S. Vey, Senior Fellow and Director, Bass Center for Transformative Placemaking, Brookings Metro
- Ohio Sen. Rob McColley, Ohio Senate, 1st District
- Abbey Omodunbi, Assistant Vice President and Senior Economist, PNC Financial Services Group
- Dr. Russell W. Mills, Senior Director, Center for Regional Development at BGSU
- Seth Baker, Chief Executive Officer, Van Wert County Foundation
- Marc Folk, President and Chief Executive Officer, The Arts Commission
- Dave Zenk, Executive Director, Metroparks Toledo
The Center for Regional Development (CRD) at BGSU partners with and convenes stakeholders from communities and organizations to enhance the economic vitality of Northwest Ohio. As an Economic Development Administration University Center and a member of the State of Ohio Rural University Program, CRD serves as a trusted and neutral capacity builder, data analytics provider, planning facilitator, program evaluator, and a bridge to BGSU faculty, students and resources.
For more information, please visit BGSU.edu/SOR.
Updated: 03/03/2022 01:51PM