Deciding Student Program
Not sure which major is right for you? The Deciding Student Program provides a clear path for students to select a major and academic degree program within their first year at BGSU. Many students feel they are the only ones beginning their college careers without a specific direction in mind. That simply could not be farther from the truth!
We’re here to help you every step of the way. Check out some common misconceptions about the Deciding Student Program below and begin your journey of discovery.
- I cannot graduate in four years
- My classes won't apply to my major when I decide
- I won't be able to take classes in a possible major or interest area
- BGSU won't have my major once I make a decision
- You can graduate in four years
- You will be able to take classes that apply to a variety of majors
- You can take introductory courses in subjects you are interested in
- BGSU has more than 200 majors and programs
BGSU support and resources for deciding students:
- Get personalized support from a Life Design coach and the Radbill Center for College and Life Design
- Take BGSU 1910, a one-credit course taught by your Life Design coach that helps you explore your interests and design your BGSU experience
- Meet with your Academic Advisor and Planner to help pick your classes and understand degree requirements
- Connect with the Kuhlin Hub for Career Design and Connections to help you find internships, mentors and career opportunities
Students in the Deciding Student Program get personalized support from a Life Design coach who will guide you as you map out your BG future. You will also be enrolled in a section of BGSU 1910 that is customized to help you connect your skills and interests to a major, with a cohort of students who are also deciding.
Among the DSP students in the Fall 2023 cohort who were actively engaged with a Life Design Coach and took BGSU 1910, 80% declared a major or narrowed down to 1-2 areas of focus by the end of their first semester at BGSU.
Do you have questions about the Deciding Student Program? Contact the Radbill Center at 419-372-5533 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Updated: 02/15/2024 01:40PM