Each full-day session (five in total) will be comprised of:
- Project work focused on providing an institutional response to initiatives outlined in the strategic plan.
- Interactive learning focused on team development and leadership theories.
Through incremental and experiential learning activities, the Leadership Academy is designed to provide the following focus areas:
- Road map of BGSU’s strategic plan
- University Processes and Planning
- Organizational Culture and Change
- Networking and Career Development
and Professional Development
The desired targeted areas for the University include:
- Integration of the Leadership Academy as part of the University’s culture of professional development, thus sending a message to all stakeholders about the commitment to personal, professional, and organizational success
- Maximization of the institution’s human resources by providing BGSU’s faculty and staff with the opportunity to recommend strategic organizational alignments, thereby enhancing leadership, intellectual competence, collaboration, partnerships and effective relationships within and across faculty and staff
- Contribution to the University’s unified strategic plan for moving the University forward