How to apply as a transfer student


Admission requirements vary depending on how many credit hours you are transferring. 

View admission requirements


Apply now

If you previously attended BGSU after high school and before attending your current institution, you are NOT considered a transfer student. You are considered a readmit student and will need to submit a different application. (This does not apply to CCP students who attended BGSU while in high school.) 

Apply as a readmit student


Submit official transcripts from each college or university you have attended – even if you don’t plan to apply that credit toward your BGSU degree or you withdrew from a previous institution.  

BGSU prefers electronic submission from institutions that subscribe to a secure submission service. Transcripts are not accepted from students. 

Institutions can also mail official paper transcripts to:  

Office of Admissions
200 University Hall
Bowling Green State University
Bowling Green, OH 43403-0085

You also may need to submit additional documents (we will notify you by email if that’s the case):

  • High school transcripts or GED
    If you have completed fewer than 30 semester hours (45 quarter hours) since graduating from high school, you will need to submit an official high school transcript. If you earned a GED (Official General Educational Development), you will need to submit the GED and an official high school transcript showing any courses taken. 

  • Official AP score reports
    These are not required for admission. But if you want to apply any earned AP (Advanced Placement) credit toward your BGSU degree program, you need to submit AP score reports for evaluation.

We will let you know within 24 to 48 hours of submitting your application whether you have been admitted to BGSU and what your next steps are.

Frequently asked transfer questions


Updated: 04/08/2024 10:49AM